My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
bear is that the one that you had to build a fire under and jack up with all the frozen dirt stuck on the tracts?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Cat 60

You wanted them Catapillers really bad didn't you? Are you going to do a total restoration, or just put them in good running condition?

Show or play?

I used to occasionally drive an old D2. I think vintage 1935. Are the 60s lots bigger. They don't seem so, but I drove it 30 years ago.

The older I get all the things from my younger years get bigger, better, faster, more powerful!

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the 60's are a lot bigger i have a 47 d2 as well as a 38 rd7 the 60 is a 25 or 26 as near as we can figure. it will be mostly for play to heavy to haul around to shows. i need to find the right steering levers for it yet then clean it up and reapaint it

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
put it to work a while back nothing to hard mostly playing after harvest we'll se if we can't wear the paint off that grader blade. but then again under full load it burns 10 gallons of gas/hr

Attachments

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Bear,

At first glance, I thought you had that Royal Pony grader on e.bay that Wingnut posted...LOL :fing20:

Nice looking Cat.. I wondered if you would be able to get it going, from those first pics. amazing job :fing32:

Uncle Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the one i've got is a russel super mogul s/n 2625 the grader used to belong to our municipality so it is a local machine they used to pull it with a 60 cat. russel was bought out by cat somewhere along the way

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i did have some guidance in finding them just to bad that buddy didn't buy all those jd's i ended up with from there. thought i got rear steel on that one till i went to pick them up after the snow melted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts