My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering purchesing this harrow the model 96. Will it fit Cat 0? I have a ingersoll 7020 I plan to pull it with(20 hp 4wd) What is the width of the harrow and would I benefit a lot more from the doubled harrow compared to your single harrows like the models 49.
Thanks
96-12-16 MED.JPG

·
Registered
804 Posts
Im considering purchesing this harrow the model 96. Will it fit Cat 0? I have a ingersoll 7020 I plan to pull it with(20 hp 4wd) What is the width of the harrow and would I benefit a lot more from the doubled harrow compared to your single harrows like the models 49.
Thanks
View attachment 63834

This is made for a category 1 hitch but like most compact implements you could probably buy cat 0 pins and turn them to the inside and use it that way.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
jazzyjeff, That Leinbach disc is fairly heavy, more than 300 lbs, I think. I'm looking at this one for my 748. Follow the tabs to gardening equipment, then disk harrows, then 3 point. I just have to find a dealer.

www.brinly.com

·
Banned
852 Posts
I would take a look at the height of the pins and compare it to the reach or your arms, these sit rather high and for mine I don't think I'd get enough lift. As for weight, yeah your case should handle it with your front end weighted.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
I have a 1300d Yanmar 16HP 4WD with Cat 1 hitch and a Leinbeck disk with 4 blades one each section on it similar to the one shown was too much physically for it and the Yanmar will hadle maore than any of the Cat 0 tractors I own.Personally I'd go with a Brinly tandem setup

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
IF you have to use a plow and harrow,(tiller is easier,faster and does a better job) then the Brinly tandem it definately the way to go, only weighs 182lbs and has tandem discs, these work better for fluffing up the plowed soil, but do not work well for fresh engagement... you need to plow with a bottom or moldboard plow first.
I've been plowing and harrowing for decades, until I got 3 point tiller, now that is all I use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts