My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
When Cityboy first posted the idea of making hitches, we talked about a niche he could fill. There are plenty of guys making various things, but what I saw missing was a good, basic, sturdy 3PH to sleeve hitch adapter. Most I've seen don't let you put a cheap, readily available, sleeve hitch moldboard onto our tractors and get it in the right position close to the right tire.

Also, there are no "just primed" units which I've seen. A guy should be able to paint it any color he wants.

Finally, with a good basic design, a guy could add a bar for weights (or have it done). He could bend a thin piece of stock, drill some holes, use the existing nuts, and have a single or double bucket holder. Add a tow hook or two if you like.

A lot of us can paint, rebuild, tune up, adapt, but some of us are just not welders (though I am trying). So, again, a good basic design allows a launching point for the customer's ideas.

At this price point, I think a lot of folks would be interested in one (or two).

Cityboy and I have definitely been keeping our PM boxes full over the design of this. He did surprise me a little with how stout it is.

As soon as the USPS delivers, I'm going to do my best to put it to the test.

It will get painted JD green, and have upper pins attached so I can angle my moldboard properly. I'm going to look at adding a bar across the uprights to hang suitcase weights. I'll also fab up something as a weight retainer so the things don't clunk as much.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I think that thing is robust enough to possibly make a carry-all out of it... So, I take it this is to use those items that are built for a sleeve hitch instead of a 3-pt, correct?
Yes, that was the idea. I can get a 10" moldboard in sleeve hitch for $50-$75. A Cat-0 moldboard you are lucky to find for less than $300. Same with disk harrows, rear blades, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.