My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 MTD 609 The pivot bar is bent the original pressed steel one. Has anybody put the cast one on and how were the results. My lawn? is not the best. Will the cast one hold up ok ?
I can't be the first one to have troubles with the front end . I have bent the drag links also. Thanks Ken

·
Registered
365 Posts
good luck. i tried to find a cast iron pivot bar for my 800 series. they're expensive and rare. those that have them used usually know what they have and that they cost $200 new. i've asked about interchangibility before but nobody seems to know. i've passed up several cast iron pivot bars for off john deere and bolens because i have no way of telling if the holes are in the same place and they're still expensive. i ended up repairing my stamped steel bar. its better than it was but it still ain't right.

i thought about building a pivot bar out of some 1x2 rectangular tubing and some go-kart steering spindalls. they usually have 4 bolt hubs and high speed bearings and may hold up better. i'd have to see someone else do it before i invest that much time, money and effort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts