My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Case offer a sickle bar mower? I bought a Didier sickle bar that looks much like a Haban and the mounts appear like they might work on a Case like the 444,446 etc.Anyone have a picture of the way a sickle mower would mount to a Case?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Case did offer sicklebar mowers from Didier and Haban in the late 60's and very early 70's so it is quite possible that you have found one of those versions. This is simply speculation on my part but I think that the introduction of the Snap-Fast attachment system in 1971 also signalled the end of sicklebar mower offering by Case.

As you probably know, both Haban and Didier are defunct and have been for some time now. Parts are getting more difficult to find for these units which is too bad since they were great little units.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
UPDATE.

While doing some research on a completely unrelated matter, I discovered that Case was still offering the Didier hydraulic sicklebar mower in 1976. Naturally, it came with the Snap-Fast mounting system. So if you happen to have spotted one with the familiar Snap -Fast mounting bracket, then you have stumbled across one that was made for Case. All I can say is....lucky you.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This mower would have to run off the front PTO puller like the mower deck but take off the mule drive.I'll get my 446 out and see how the mounts match up.It'd be an easy frabrication to the Case even if it wasn't made for it.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
The Didier hydraulic sicklebar mower had their own hydraulic system. The mower clipped onto the front of the tractor in the same manner as a deck would. The tractor's engine PTO spun the Didier's hydraulic pump via a belt that did not require any mule pulleys. This was a mid-mount sickle mower that had it's own hydraulic reservoir tank and a small motor that actuated the cutter bar. Presumably, the mower could be raised and lowered by the attachment lift cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts