My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Citizen of Earth
16,643 Posts
The Case/Ingersol tractors are hydraulically driven, not hydrostatic. What that means is they have a higher flow and pressure in the system that allows the use of hydraulic power for cool attachments like a loader, back hoe, etc with out needed an aux. hydraulic pump. Hydrostatic drives have enough umph to raise and lower stuff like a front blade or snowblower a few inches, but can't match true hydraulic drive. IF the Cubs you are looking at are pre 1982, then they are IH Cubs. After that they are MTD Cubs. The older Cubs use the same rear as the larger Cub tractor (later known as the LoBoy) so they are EXTREMELY well built in that area. Both machines are excellent choices, maybe more attachment availibility with the Cubs because of the larger number of machines sold. But the Case/Ingersoll machines used the same attachment hook ups for decades with out any dimensional changes.

·
Citizen of Earth
16,643 Posts
Cub Cadets are divided into groups, there are the early narrow frame models, the later wide frame models, some were hydrostatic drive, some were gear drive, and towards the end of IH's involvement came the "super garden tractors" with diesel motors. Attachments for narrow frame tractors won't fit wide frame or visa versa. I personally would like to get my hands on a nice 1450 or 1650 if I was Cub shopping.

·
Citizen of Earth
16,643 Posts
If you really want in depth info on IH Cub Cadets, check out this site:
www.ihcubcadet.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.