My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Just did some reading on the brand new Ingersoll tractors. I am really liking the idea of the Hydraulic PTO for attachments such as log splitters and tillers and whatnot. Are the older Case/Ingersoll tractors the same?
The Ingersoll is basicly the same tractor as the old Case GT's except the engine was turned around in 1989. As a result, mower decks and snow casters are limited to the engine rotation of the tractor design. Other wise, all implements are interchangable for 40 years. Generally plenty available except for the first few years of manufacture.

While in the Infy site, you can view the parts books for ALL C/I machinery, and compare.

As a Hemi mopar guy, myself, I love them Ingy's! LOL

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
If I understand correctly, anything hydraulically driven will work fine, but things that are (I'm guessing) belt driven like the mower deck and snow blower, has to be matching with the tractor and implement both pre-1989, or post-1989? Or is everything hydraulically driven on these tractors?
The mower deck and the snow caster are driven with a belt driven PTO on the front of the engine. All other implements are hydraulically driven and so, interchangeable between ALL models. The exception is the AHD models, built for two years, 1991 & 2, or 1992 & 3. They had hyd driven decks and snow casters, as well. The cost was to great for the market, as the motors, to replace today are around $700 each. The "build" cost of the tractor was also higher because of the added hydraulic power and cooling costs.

Insidentally, the snow casters were and are convertable from right to left hand drive. A factory kit cost around $500, if memory serves.

There were also, some other implements avaiable in early years that were belt driven such as a farm type 640 rpm pto for running such things as hay bale or grain conveyors. Also sickle bar mowers, generators and others.

Bottom line, most accessories will interchange, from the 1970's to current models. Parts also have vast interchangability.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
What are the differences between the Case 442, 444, 446, 448? Thanks for the lots of info on the Cases; Anyone have anything to say about the Cubs?[/QUOte

The 200 series had 12 inch rear wheels, the 400 series had 16 inch. The last digit indicates the H.P. Ie: 442= 12 hp, 444 = 14 hp, 446 = 16 hp and 448 = 18 hp. Same for the 200 series, 220 = 10 hp 222 = 12 hp & 224 = 14 hp Later the 226 had the 16 hp Onan, also.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
So as far as the Cases go, they are virtually identical except the motor...so if I got my hands on a 442 or whatever, then it would basically be a 448 if I put an 18 HP in it...aside from not being original?

Would love some more info on the Cubs...great so far, thanks
Except the frames are different to receive the Onan as opposed to the kohler. Don't mean it can't be done, but more difficult and generally not considered practical.

It is one of the things that makes parts so available, the inter changeability is tremendous. Plus the simplicity of the hydraulic drive! Minimal linkage, no transmission or drive clutch or belts. Not a lot to go wrong!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.