My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 84 and i am getting a 38 inch k80 snowcaster ( plan on adding wings ) my question is it a left blower or a right and will it work on my 448 any help would be appriciated

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I recently purchased a k-80 snowcaster for next to nothing, decent shape, minimal surface rust, not sure of the year, I took it apart to freshen it up and realized the bearings are a bit questionable, im having trouble finding them, the number stamped on them is RX68. Does anyone know where they could be purchased, or if the hex portion could be pressed out and pressed into another bearing?? I guess the most important question is, will this unit work with my 444? the k-80 is 38" the same as the width of the outside of the rear tires, any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just bought new bearings for the auger on my L80 (I think that is the model) at my local case dealership. Maybe it is an M84, I can't remember.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
We stock direct replacement hex bearings for the augers at $18.19 each. This is a number RX84 bearing, which is a direct drop in for the RX68 ... but with a higher load rating.

Drop me a line or PM if you are interested to pursue a pair.

Brian

·
Registered
392 Posts
We stock direct replacement hex bearings for the augers at $18.19 each. This is a number RX84 bearing, which is a direct drop in for the RX68 ... but with a higher load rating.

Drop me a line or PM if you are interested to pursue a pair.

Brian
Are those the same bearing that are used in the 48" snowcaster? The ONE I just bought from my local dealer was $80. It was a direct replacement, they also sold a cheaper one ($30) but it wasn't a direct replacement and required some jerry rigging to make it work.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
Yes, the RX84 is a direct drop in for the original "hex" bearing used on all the Case/Ingersoll snowcasters, with model designations E through L. It replaces the common part number C29265 which Ingersoll still sells as a conversion kit ($67, 2 req'd) and the C14421 which was original all the way back to the E letter snowcasters. (The Ingersoll C29265 kit converts to a newer hex bearings which remains more commonly available).

Later models M through S, and through to current production SB's switched over to the same plain bore bearing that is used in the mower decks.

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts