My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been quite a while since I've seen any case garden tractor for sale in my area. For you veteran guys of looking for this stuff, would you consider this the off season for finding something? I'm wondering if there will be more for sale towards next spring, your thoughts on this are welcomed.

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
I'm in WI and live very close to where they were made, so I see a fair amount for sale here. Not many good deals though. I've had to drive several hundered miles to get the deals I have got. Spring seems to be a better time for supply as they bring more $ in the beginning of the season. Now's when winter attachments start showing up for sale.
Those are my thoughts. :fing32:

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
Just came from an auction down the road with a derelict earlly 80's 448 in the listing. Needs electrical work, the deck chute welded back on, possible engine work (noone could start it) paint, and muffler. On the positive side it had a holding valve and nice seat.

It's at Miller's in Bethel, Pa 19507 if you're interested. Shouldn't be on the block for an hour or two.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
No complaining allowed.....LOL ;)

It could be worse, you could live down south like some of us and not have any Case/Ingersoll stuff around for hundreds of miles in each direction, I almost NEVER see anything around here.

This side of the Ohio River is barren.

Doing my part to remedy that though.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
No complaining allowed.....LOL ;)

It could be worse, you could live down south like some of us and not have any Case/Ingersoll stuff around for hundreds of miles in each direction, I almost NEVER see anything around here.

This side of the Ohio River is barren.

Doing my part to remedy that though.....
I can certainly agree with you and in Georgia the chance of finding them is even less... Most people down here do not even know what they are if they did see one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't have time to check back in after I started this thread. I do believe you guys are right about limited availability down south, I see alot of stuff for sale mid to eastern PA, NY, and there's alot in MI. Why do some areas have so many, were they originally sold in only select areas?

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
I didn't have time to check back in after I started this thread. I do believe you guys are right about limited availability down south, I see alot of stuff for sale mid to eastern PA, NY, and there's alot in MI. Why do some areas have so many, were they originally sold in only select areas?

Probably has some to do with the original dealer network, and the fact that some of those have dwindelled off over the years.

Plus a big part of the machines design is as a snow removal device, down south there is less call for such equipment.

·
1,359 Posts
It's definitely limited down south. I picked up a 444 for Dad to tinker with in Florida after frustration trying to find one himself set in. But, as the saying goes... When it rains it pours. A few weeks after pickup an ad on Jacksonville CL advertised four 400 series: None running, all with decks, two with sleeve hitches and rear PTOs. Granted, he was asking $3500 for all three... But it's nice to see some sort of brand penetration in the region.

·
1,359 Posts
I'd like to have it; But we all know how mortgage payments go.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sorry I don't know how to give you a direct link but do CL Louisville KY, on Sept. 25, the heading is "All kinds of Cub Cadets". The ad starts with "18 Cub Cadets plus implements", and ends with $3000 takes all. Good Luck!

·
1,359 Posts
Sorry I don't know how to give you a direct link but do CL Louisville KY, on Sept. 25, the heading is "All kinds of Cub Cadets". The ad starts with "18 Cub Cadets plus implements", and ends with $3000 takes all. Good Luck!
Umm... ok?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Apparently not there any longer but........ why would anyone on the Case forum care about a bunch of Cubs that are for sale?

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
In Kentucky especially Louisville, Cubs outnumber Cae/Ingersoll probably at least 100 to 1.

Too bad I am not a Cub guy.....

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Since Ingersoll left here we are getting over run by JD :banghead3:crybaby:
Everywhere I look I see a new one or close to new one. Grrr. People need to shop around and realize there is more out there than just Green and Yellow. Kubota to name one and I feel they are a far better machine, but I'm bias. I mowed with a JD 430 for a few years and man was that a load of junk.

It's (JD) almost a manopoly in areas. My company just bought a new JD GT. I told them about Kubota and they looked at me like :lalala: "what, there is something else as good as a Deere?":fing20:

I wish CNH would get back into it and buy back Ingersoll and run with it like crazy. Market the thing like there is no tomarrow and throw money at it until it catches on. If it's a good product people will take notice and buy it. :fing32:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts