My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a 956 and have a bit of a porblem with the gearbox press warning light when the tractor is in 2wd regularly the press light will come on, when switched to 4wd the light will go out instantly, switch back to 2wd and the light will come on after a short while, its a while since i pressure tested the lube pump it was putting up 260 psi im not sure if its electrical or pump related.thanks for any advice tom

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sounds pump related.

In 2wd the pump feeds oil to the 4wd clutch pack to keep it in 2wd, when 4wd is selected the oil supply is dumped and tractor goes to 4wd.

If electrical supply (fuse) fails or oil supply fails the tractor defaults to 4wd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tractor got stuck in 4wd a few months back i took the prop shaft off i have the solenoid plug disconnected now the warning light never comes on when the tractor is running it does its normal thing when the key is turned before starting,i pulled the suction filter when it got stuck in 4wd very little amount of metal bits on it im going to be in the box as its jumping out of high range i plan to give the box a bit of a clean out.thanks for replying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.