My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
10,839 Posts
Well, this oughta drum up some interest.

I hope your wearing a helmut, this could get ugly.
:sorry1::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide:

·
5,525 Posts
Well, this oughta drum up some interest.

I hope your wearing a helmut, this could get ugly.
:sorry1::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide:
Ditto.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Joe,
Why not put it for sale on e-bay just as it is. The LBH's are not easy to find and other than the engine issue, that one looks to be in really nice condition. To destroy one of those over an engine that needs to be rebuilt is nothing short of a travesty. It should bring strong money in spite of the engine issue so what not give it a shot? I'm asking you to do this as someone who has done business with you many times in the past and as someone who loves this brand.

The LBH's are unique unto themselves. Trying to turn a loader tractor into a LBH tractor is an exercise in futility because there are so many parts that are different. I don't think that you will find a viable market for quite a few of the parts from this tractor and that's one of the reasons why selling it whole makes far more sense. Thanks for reading my message.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe,
Why not put it for sale on e-bay just as it is. The LBH's are not easy to find and other than the engine issue, that one looks to be in really nice condition. To destroy one of those over an engine that needs to be rebuilt is nothing short of a travesty. It should bring strong money in spite of the engine issue so what not give it a shot? I'm asking you to do this as someone who has done business with you many times in the past and as someone who loves this brand.

The LBH's are unique unto themselves. Trying to turn a loader tractor into a LBH tractor is an exercise in futility because there are so many parts that are different. I don't think that you will find a viable market for quite a few of the parts from this tractor and that's one of the reasons why selling it whole makes far more sense. Thanks for reading my message.
I am sure I paid more for it than it would sell for on eBay. For some odd reason, many people think that just because an item is sold on eBay that:

1. It was given to the seller.
2. The seller bought it for cheap and no longer needs it and is trying to get rich on eBay.
3. The seller bought it for cheap and wants to get rich selling it on eBay.
4. The seller is greedy and doesn't care about the intricate value.
5. A myriad assortment of other reasons that make the seller a bad person desrving to go to **** and rot.

Truth is, I love these old tractors, so much so that my life is devoted to them. Just about everything I do revolves around garden tractors.

Sure I hate to part something like this, and many of the others I have parted, but parting this means others will be fixed and other people will be happy to have the parts they so badly need.

I also cannot afford to keep some of these, especially one like this because of what I paid. The guy I bought it from was going to part it also, but locally. That means most of the parts would have went to the scrap pile because there is no local market for something like this.

Just to give everyone an idea of what I paid, the seller claimed he had the back-hoe sold for 3500.00. he would not sell the whole unit for 3500.00, and I wasn't about to let the scrap yard down the road end up with most of it.

- Joe

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Let's make this easy for all that are viewing this thread, Joe.

If someone was to drive up to your door, what would you take for the unit the way it was when you brought it to your place?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let's make this easy for all that are viewing this thread, Joe.

If someone was to drive up to your door, what would you take for the unit the way it was when you brought it to your place?
$5000.00 and I will not be making anything. I dont even know if I would make anything parting it, but I had to buy it. Its one of those things I couldnt pass on.

- Joe

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am sure I paid more for it than it would sell for on eBay. For some odd reason, many people think that just because an item is sold on eBay that:

1. It was given to the seller.
2. The seller bought it for cheap and no longer needs it and is trying to get rich on eBay.
3. The seller bought it for cheap and wants to get rich selling it on eBay.
4. The seller is greedy and doesn't care about the intricate value.
5. A myriad assortment of other reasons that make the seller a bad person desrving to go to **** and rot.

Truth is, I love these old tractors, so much so that my life is devoted to them. Just about everything I do revolves around garden tractors.

Sure I hate to part something like this, and many of the others I have parted, but parting this means others will be fixed and other people will be happy to have the parts they so badly need.

I also cannot afford to keep some of these, especially one like this because of what I paid. The guy I bought it from was going to part it also, but locally. That means most of the parts would have went to the scrap pile because there is no local market for something like this.

Just to give everyone an idea of what I paid, the seller claimed he had the back-hoe sold for 3500.00. he would not sell the whole unit for 3500.00, and I wasn't about to let the scrap yard down the road end up with most of it.

- Joe
Well said Joe,

As a ebay seller myself and selling pretty much the same type of items as you.I have heard and get the same comments as you state.It is not always about the money i have bought and parted out tractors knowing i would break even or even lose a little on.But knowing that the parts will help out to keep some others going makes up for it.So all we can do is make some money lose some money and do what we can to help out the people that know what a quialty unit is going.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Does it have hydraulic steering ? what is the original engine in that ?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
If only those numbers would come up on the lottery I d buy that in a flash . Sadly its to far away and I couldn't afford a new engine if the original is unrepairable .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts