My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran my new 644 today that i just bought yesterday. worked it a little bit moving sand for a sand box. only ran it about 45 minutes. everything worked fine until i was going to back into the shed with it. it stopped in reverse, then motor quit running. It was low on gas so i thought it was out, put gas in it, started it up, engine ran fine, but no hydraulics. no loader, no drive. Checked the fluid, looked like milk. changed out all fluid and the filter, but hydraulics still do not work. never made any noises, just quit. any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
This is just a wild guess, but check the lovejoy and pump, if nothing is working then the pump must not be working. Is it possible the pump is not getting any oil, or is it possible the key in the pump shaft went out (which I never heard of), you have a lot of checking to do.

BTW what did you put in the hydraulics, it should have been 15W40 (actually its suppose to be 20W40 but the only place you'll find that is at a Ingy dealer and it won't be cheap, so most guys use the 15W40) motor oil, not hydraulic oil.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
thanks guys i will remove the pump tomarrow. wife won't let me work on it on mothers day
when I replaced the love joy on my 646, I don't remember doing more than sliding the pump back enough to remove 1/2 of the coupling. May not be as big a job as you think.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Incidentally, was it the oil change that got you going? How does the engine perform now?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
love joy coupler is bad. sheared off key from the pump side. now tring to figure out why. hope everything works good now have to wait till thursday for parts. will let all know what happens. thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Great to hear that all is well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts