My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I brought home. By the serial # I think it's a 1973 model. It was repowered with a B&S 18 Twin II so the hood wouldn't fit. Put in a battery, checked the oil and topped off hydraulic fluid. Fired right up 馃檪. It's ugly but it's mine. For the cost of a 60 mile round trip I got this Old Abe, about a 2012 Husqvarna YTD18542 riding mower in great shape, a Sears push mower and some 12" trailer tires. 0 down 0 payments.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I was so excited the hydraulic cultivator worked I did my garden 2ce. Looking like lots of work to do on it. Should be fun.

NICE (y)...and I like the price...this is a Garden tractor, though ( A really good one)...so I am going to move it to the correct forum for it

Registered
Nice tractor and a great deal! The tiller and rear hydraulic PTO go for about $500 for the set around me.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The case 446 with cultivator was a thrown into the deal I made for a lawnmower that had a good motor to replace my mower motor. Also $0.00.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
3 for 3. Yesterday I pulled out the Sears mower I got in the deal. By the code the B&S engine was built 08 of '94. I checked for spark 馃憤 I took off the air cleaner - plugged solid. No surprise. Squirted some gas into the carburetor and pulled the recoil. It started 馃憦 . Drained the gas, new fuel line cleaned the carburetor, fresh fuel, oil change and it started and I ran it for about a half hour. Three free units and they all run 馃檪

Registered
Hello, I'm new here and hoping to find some good info about my recent find. I was given this 446-75, body and frame seem to have no rust and the mower deck is in great condition, blades still have the paint on them. Been trying to get it started but had no fuel and now I find no spark. I got the fuel going and now waiting on the points to hopefully get the spark back. I think it's in pretty good shape, I just hope it runs at some point.

Jon

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to MTF. That's a good start. There's lots of knowledge and willingness to help here at MTF.

Nice! while waiting for points...just fold a piece of sandpaper in half and pull it through the contact points it could get you going...they get icky that is a very technical term) from sitting around

Registered
Nice! while waiting for points...just fold a piece of sandpaper in half and pull it through the contact points it could get you going...they get icky that is a very technical term) from sitting around
Yeah I tried that but no luck, I'm thinking the condenser could be shot, or the coil. I have 12 volts going through the coil to the points and I'm guessing that's right because I was getting confused on why the coil has a + and - on it but has 12 volts on both terminals, but no spark coming from the coil to the spark plugs. First time dealing with a system like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts