My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can pick this up off of a friend of mine for $800, snowcaster tire chains, and two mower decks. I know very little about case garden tractors. Good deal? Seems about right from what I have seen around. Any opinions or insight to the machine I should know? It is about 4 hours away from me at the moment so I cant go look at it just yet. I have a small loader I built that might fit almost perfect. This has hydraulics suitable for a loader correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
that looks like a good deal. it does have hydraulics suitable for a loader, i have 2 of them they are great machines.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My $.02 everyone's Mileage is different.

Yes the Case 4xx and 4xxx tractors have hydraulic drive.. But the tractor itself, the tractor frame was not designed for a loader. In the same way a farm tractor is not a "construction king" backhoe & loader. As an old farm kid I have seen WAY too many farm tractors that someone put a loader on, that had bent and broken front ends because of the loader.

The front axles on these are tough, but even Case built a line of these tractors, the 64x and 60xx that are specifically designed as a loader tractor. the front axle on the loader models was designed to handle 3000 pounds:

As garden tractors go, you can't seem to stop the Case tractors. I have a 50+ year old model 155 and it always amazes me in what it can do..

·
4,729 Posts
That tractor is a steal at that price...very hard to find here ....most garden tractors were not actually designed to carry a FEL...but with some common sense (don't overload it, carry the bucket low while moving) it will be a beast...grab it and good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts