My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really doubt I can talk the boss into it but just wondering if anybody had an opinion they felt like sharing. I'm a JD guy I hope you won't hold it against me but you can never have too many tractors in the shed right? I do not know the year or any specifics but I can tell you what I do know. It seems original and has the mower deck and tiller and he says a 3 point. I haven't called him yet so I'm just wondering. I never owned a Case but I find the hydraulic drive system very interesting :fing32:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Certainly pursue this, 3 point is worth $400, tiller $350, sleeve hitch adapter $150-$200, rear pto $225.

Its all going to depend on how well it runs and the price, the engine and tractor become academic if you can get this cheap enough. But in a worse case scenario Kohlers are real reasonable to rebuild - caution by the time you call him it may be gone.

·
10,728 Posts
Your in the right place to get an unbiased opinion. :hide:

The Case 444 was built from 69 to 88. Early years (69-early 70's) will be tan and red. After that they were all red up to 82. A couple years of a black framed, white wheels unit, and then back to red with the name Ingersoll on it. Kohler K321 single cylinder engine, arguably the best single cylinder gas engine Kohler ever built.

The decks are not an expensive item, but the tiller, the 3 point hitch, and the rear hydraulic pto that it probably has to run the tiller, are all high demand items. When in good working condition, command a good price when sold. (If not needed, the Case tiller is an awesome unit)

The above information is not 100% accurate, someone else will correct and fill in the holes. (quickly and vehemently) Lots of Case owners in your area also, so a value opinion might be available when you provide pictures and a detailed description of the running condition of the tractor.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys :fing32: but it seems km3h beat me to it. Sorry CaseGT we missed out oh well better for the marriage anyways ;) We'll have to keep looking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, that's exactly what I have been looking for, I'm not sure how I missed that one. Seems like the good deals go so quickly and what's left is the ridiculous ones with somebody asking 10 times what a tractor is worth. Well, glad to see at least somebody got it planning on fixing it up. I guess you're right that we'll just have to keep looking around.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
This is a regular occurrence on this forum, I'm afraid. While you are here asking questions about a particular tractor, someone else is already at the seller house loading up the tractor on his trailer because he rushed right over there with a pocketful of Benjamin's.

If you want to own a Case or Ingersoll, then you need to do your homework well in advance so that you can recognize the good from the bad and the overpriced from the smokin' deals.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it was a great deal :banghead3 I'm just glad someone on here got it. I'm trying to build up some credit with the wife by finishing some house projects :praying: maybe in a couple weeks I'll drag one home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts