My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this case 444 the other week for a great price. I've cut my yard twice and I'm I. Lobe. My question is this I was cutting yesterday and heard a pop all of a sudden thinking it was a stick I assumed nothing major. Well I was wrong. Lucky enough I just had finished mowing and backed the tractor onto my carport and noticed oil gushing out. Upon my investigation I found the the dust and debri cover had came loose and punctured the rubber hydraulic line. My question is this does some know what size line I need? This is the line running from the hydraulic tank to the radiator.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
sc
i,m not sure of your 444 year,
but most did use a 3/4 i.d. hose
as stated by my case.
DO NOT USE AUTOMOTIVE HEATER HOSE
i use gates # 12 RLA hose. ( it was o.e.m. on my 82 448 )
it is ava. at carquest
# 85946 25' roll, but most will sell by the foot or inch.
it has 200 psi working pressure,
and a 800 psi burst pressues.
thank you. boomer

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just what Boomer said, don't use heater hose as it will be leaking/breaking and you will b replacing it soon. You need at the least to use hydraulic rated hose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help!!! What type of oil is recommended and how much? I live in SC if climate is an issue with viscosity? Oh Im able to get hydraulic hose at $4 a ft

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
The model year of your tractor will determine the exact amount needed to fill the system. If you get 2 gallons of Shell Rotella-T 15W-40 or any other brand high grade "motor oil" you will be fine ..... Don't use hydraulic oil ....

:fing32:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts