My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a Case 444 and am having a few issues.

I couldnt stat it for ages, was getting nothing, turns out the drive lever isnt popping up, and stays depressed, any thoughts on that? Is there a spring i need to replace or something like that?

Also, I replaced the battery and ignition, but even still, it wont turn over unless its jumped by my car.
It will make the "Wirring" sound like the starter motor is trying to turn, but when i looked into starter mototrs, it has a starter generator not motor, which cost as much as the tractor itself to replace haha.

I just want my tractor to run, any thoughts?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure what you're referring to in your 1st paragraph, but the motor generators have 'brushes' in them and if they are worn down or jammed the starter won't work.

If jumping directly to the starter generator works, then you have dirty connections or corrosion or broken wires that are preventing the juice from getting from the battery to the starter. With out the serial number of the tractor I can not be sure, but there is probably also a starter relay in the circuit and that relay could also be wired into safety interlocks that will prevent the starter from working if the tractor is in neutral, blade clutch off, etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about with the forward reverse lever. Yes there should be a spring pushing up on the lever to make contact with the neutral safety switch. Kind of hard to get to with the motor in but you should be able to see it to check it's condition. I don't have much experience with starter generators, but they can usually be repaired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts