My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a Case 442 for sale, manual lift, has a mower on it, sign says also a snowblower didn't see it (was in the barn) but I see no hyd couplers of any sort, did they have a belt driven one? It has a kohler 301 starts quickly and easily runs very nicely but rear of block and head has oil on it I suspect head gasket, has many farmer no farm kid fixes but all can be made right pretty easy. Sign said $700 but she droped to $500 very quickly. I don't see much info about a 442

Archie

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
I've found a Case 442 for sale, manual lift, has a mower on it, sign says also a snowblower didn't see it (was in the barn) but I see no hyd couplers of any sort, did they have a belt driven one? It has a kohler 301 starts quickly and easily runs very nicely but rear of block and head has oil on it I suspect head gasket, has many farmer no farm kid fixes but all can be made right pretty easy. Sign said $700 but she droped to $500 very quickly. I don't see much info about a 442

Archie
The snowcaster is belt driven. 442's were made for just 3 years and only one of those years had the Snap Fast attachment system.

You have to look at the front sides of the frame and see if there is a spring-loaded pin on either side. If so, then $500.00 for that tractor with a decent blower is a good deal.

There must be a deck around for it somewhere. I'd move quick or it will be gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts