My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
ROJ
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent been posting most of the tractors i drag in lately but once in a while i get one in i think deserves print,this is one.this 1983 case 222 i picked up locally from an estate.the 82 year old gentleman had bought it new.it came with the original manuals for the tractor and mower.its in very good condition and seems to be a low hour machine.he had stopped using it because he thought the head gasket was blown so i pulled the head off and saw one of the cleanest kohlers i have ever seen.it turns out after i replaced the head and gasket,cleaned the points,changed condenser,etc,that it just needed a ground strap from the engine to the frame.i put it on and it straightened right up.this thing runs and drives great.i hauled it home for $150.

Attachments

·
ROJ
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent decided.its newer than what i prefer to play with but it is in very nice condition.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Good score. The seat even looks good.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Care to double your investment? <G>

·
Super Moderator
31,814 Posts
Wait a min.... A 222 with manual lift?????? I thought all the 222/4/6 all had hydro lift... Maybe a 220 in disguise????

What HP Kohler is on there?? Read off the numbers on the ID plate if you can..

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Thats nice!!! You sure its a 83??? My 83 224 has Ingersoll decales. That looks a few years older than that.
Almost certainly pre "83. Every '83 that I have seen had the bulged hood and black frame.

·
Super Moderator
31,814 Posts
Almost certainly pre "83. Every '83 that I have seen had the bulged hood and black frame.
Gotta love the changes over the years!!!! My 83 224 as all red. :D :D It was sold new through my local dealer also, and has never been repainted.

Thanks for the info on the lift. I will file that one away. I knew the 220's could have a manual life, but thought the 222 and bigger were all hydrolic.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Gotta love the changes over the years!!!! My 83 224 as all red. :D :D It was sold new through my local dealer also, and has never been repainted.

Thanks for the info on the lift. I will file that one away. I knew the 220's could have a manual life, but thought the 222 and bigger were all hydrolic.
Ingersoll 444, would you mind posting your serial number on the 224? I would like to run it through the ID list so that I could say "I know of a Red framed '83."

Thanks,

·
ROJ
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i ran the number thru the look up guide,it came out 1983 but maybe i messed up.the serial number is:14036319.it is a 222,it says so on the tag and you can tell this tractor has never been messed with.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts