My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine said he found an older case 222 for sale, he didn't know the year for sure but it had the different colored hood and fenders so I think that's one of the earlier ones, right? He says it's supposed to run good, but it's in rough shape since it has some rust all over, but seemed restorable or just a good work horse. I guess it comes with a 38" snowblower but it's in rusty rough shape too, but works as is. I guess they were asking $250 for it, does this sound like a decent price? Sorry I don't have any pictures of the package but if he gets one I'll post it up, I know this isn't much to go by but in general terms, like anything else you never know exactly what you're buying when it's used and 40 years old, but I would think that even if the engine blew up tomorrow you could still recoup your money by selling the rest and snowblower or am I off base here?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
A good running 222 is worth $250.00 by itself. Add in the snowcaster and the deal is even better. Rust is a temporary thing that can be removed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Castoff thanks for the reply, that's what I was thinking too but I just didn't want to steer him in the wrong direction, I'll let him know this.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Look for snapfast if you (he) want's access to all the goodies. If it's two tone, it might have the old attachment points for accessories.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn't check in for a while, but I didn't think about the attachments. Is there an obvious difference when looking at the tractor if it can take the snap fast attachments? Any idea what year they made the change?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I hadn't check in for a while, but I didn't think about the attachments. Is there an obvious difference when looking at the tractor if it can take the snap fast attachments? Any idea what year they made the change?
Yes, if you look under the hood is there two spring loaded pins on either side?

I believe it was 1971 when they switched to the snap fast, but Castoff can confirm that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts