My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew has a 222 tractor. The deck is there but i am not sure about the linkage to hook it up. Runs but smokes like crazy. W hat should the kid ask for it?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's a tough question when dealing with family...judging from the vague description, my thought is maybe it should be a freebie. Depending upon what the rest of the tractor is worth, needing an engine rebuild along with whatever else is missing or not functioning correctly, one could spend a significant amount of time and money on this particular tractor. -Jon

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
A tractor like that in good running condition and average cosmetic condition might bring $500. An engine rebuild done professionally will cost around $600 so that doesn't leave much value in the rest of the tractor. He might get $300-400 by parting it out.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you wanting it or trying to help him sell it?
If you are helping him, where is it located?

Located in South Kansas City, Mo
Helping him
Tractor looks pretty ruff
Call Jimmy at 816-612-0388

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Why don't you buy it from him and have him restore it for you? Good project for a young man to learn about important stuff.

·
Registered
358 Posts
:wwp:
Tall Grass,
Does he have any ideal of the year?
Is it a manual or Hydro lift?
I have a 222 and would not trade it for a brand new one from wally world of any size.
I don't know the value of these,but to me they are worth more than what you will be able to get.
Terry,

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why don't you buy it from him and have him restore it for you? Good project for a young man to learn about important stuff.
I gave it to him a year or so ago. He has to many projects already and needs some space. He is a better wrench than me by far. Thanks for the idea though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts