My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I have a Case 222 sitting here doing nothing right now. I've just found a Johnson front end loader for a reasonable price that was originally on a Cub Cadet.

I know there will be some fabrication involved to make the loader fit but just wondered what you guys think. Should I bother with it?

I know it's a light tractor for a loader and perhaps some other bigger make might be a better choice. The big thing is that I have no other use for the 222.

I won't have the model number of the loader until tonight but if it's in the shape the owner claims it is then it will be at my place tomorrow.

Five hundred bones for a complete loader seems like a good score to me. What do you guys think?

·
22,346 Posts
That's a very good score!

As you said, a bigger tractor would be better, but a light GT with a FEL is a surprisingly capable piece of equipment. I had a MF12H with a FEL that did amazingly well and was extremely handy for many tasks.

Subframe attachment points - Clamped to the rear axle tubes and bolted to the frame over top of the front axle or just behind the axle.

The subframe rails can be 2x2x1/8" wall square tube for your tractor. The post support cross member can be anything larger than the rails. I used 2x3x1/8" wall tube for the rails and 2x2x1/4" for the cross member on my MF1655, and that is a heavy lifter (1000 lb payloads).

Square tube is better than pipe for the diagonal braces.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Tudor.
This thing will only be going together for a fun project as I have an orange tractor for doing bigger job. Might be kind of cool and a good use for the old 222.

·
Registered
31 Posts
did I read on one of the Case forums that a Jacobson or Ford front end
swap is recommended for a FEL on the 2 and 4 series?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I went to see the loader and it turns out to be a Johnson model 12. It's in really nice shape and has always been stored under cover so the hoses with the exception of one look great. Has the original paint and decals on it still.

Comes with the pump,and everything that held it onto the tractor with the exception of the two "c" shaped clamps that held it to the rear axle. Bucket is in perfect shape too.

Also the p.o. included a factory counter weight box and two snow blades. Five hundred bucks and it was a done deal. I almost felt guilty handing him the cash......lol.

Going to pick this stuff up on Monday evening and will get some pics to put up here. Some days are just so good!

·
22,346 Posts
WOW!!

What a steal!!

Any blood on the knife?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts