My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lawnmower Collector
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:howdy: Well its the time of to take everything out of the garage and go through it. Well I've had a couple of lawnmower servicings to do for other people, i kinda of have a business :). And i decided last night to work on the 220. This thing hasn't been running right in 2 years. Well i cleaned the carb and went through everything and i got her to start! but last time i had her going all of the hydro oil leaked onto the deck over night...So that leads me into my two topics.

1. I need to put a different exhaust on there. I have a stack for it...but the threaded in pipe is rusted in there good...any way to loosen it up? I need to re align my pipe fittings, for the stack or any other kind of exhaust i choose. Also i talked to eBoyDog(Hopefully he will jump in here) about the exhaust on his rare zebra case. He has that exhaust for a 2-5 hp engine on there and says it works! but his engine is an onan...my 220 has a 222 engine in it (12hp kohler)...would that exhaust work?

2. I really don't know where to start looking for this bad hydro hose...is there any common areas? it seemed to leak out overnight. This case also has hydro lift. I just don't know where to start looking. I dont want to pour $40 worth of oil into it to waste it.

:thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku:

·
Registered
533 Posts
What type/age is your 220? Is it the newer style with the exhaust under the hood or is it the early 70's with the exhaust on the right side? I think in our PM's, we might have been talking about two totally different mufflers....

For the older style, keep an eye out for "RustyCase" on eBay.... he sells from time to time, repro exhausts which work perfectly. If it's the newer style only thing I might suggest is keeping an eye out on eBay too as they come up from time to time.

http://myworld.ebay.com/rusty-case/

Now, I thought you PM'ed me about the exhaust I put on the Zebra but now I realize, there aren't any updated pic's of it so here goes.... The old pic's are of those little 3/4 generic exhausts that you can find in the lame big box stores; I had those on for about 2 weeks when I first got the Zebra as it was better than straight pipes, they were replaced over two years ago but I never updated the pictures.

Better late than never, here are pics of the Zebra with the muffler's I described...

·
Lawnmower Collector
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type/age is your 220? Is it the newer style with the exhaust under the hood or is it the early 70's with the exhaust on the right side? I think in our PM's, we might have been talking about two totally different mufflers....

For the older style, keep an eye out for "RustyCase" on eBay.... he sells from time to time, repro exhausts which work perfectly. If it's the newer style only thing I might suggest is keeping an eye out on eBay too as they come up from time to time.

http://myworld.ebay.com/rusty-case/

Now, I thought you PM'ed me about the exhaust I put on the Zebra but now I realize, there aren't any updated pic's of it so here goes.... The old pic's are of those little 3/4 generic exhausts that you can find in the lame big box stores; I had those on for about 2 weeks when I first got the Zebra as it was better than straight pipes, they were replaced over two years ago but I never updated the pictures.

Better late than never, here are pics of the Zebra with the muffler's I described...

Well the engine style that i have in there is one the sticks out the right side...is there a trick to loosening pipe that is threaded in? I need to angle my pipe fittings down and they are locked up :fing20: . I was talking about the cheap box store exhausts :fing20: ...how did that work? :dunno:

·
Lawnmower Collector
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have pipe theading out...what kind of exhaust do you suggest? Now i have a tractor supply 10-15 hp on there...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was talking about the cheap box store exhausts :fing20: ...how did that work? :dunno:
Not good at all, the size was different and I didn't weld them well as I didn't want to risk messing up the elbows off the orginal exhaust as that was all that worth saving from the orginal pancake mufflers. As those round little things go, they were a little better than straight pipes and I didn't like the exhaust gas shooting down, had I kept them I would have welded them better and would even consider welding two togather to make them more quiet along with adding a elbow to the outlet to push the exhaust outwards instead of down.

I bought a few 1" pipe sections from Columbia River and considered buying more, they are one of the only places were you can get the smaller pipe prebent esp if you are going to build your own exhaust. http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/.

·
Lawnmower Collector
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I discovered that its the hydraulic oil tank that was leaking...gomma rig sonething up for now and get an original one later.

Is there any tricks/tips to loosening exhaust pipe fittings? I started it up and ...drove it around...its pretty loud...gotta get a diferent exhaust.

Thanks for the info though eboydog!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts