My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's what I kind of thought about the plow too, I had never seen another Case plow like it. What about the deck, do you guys think somebody cut the curved end on the chute on the side for some reason or did they make a deck like this? I haven't been able to find another one like this either.

I got the tractor inside tonight. The ID number on the tractor is 9647236, does this let you know what year it is somehow?. I don't think anything is bent on it, the right rear and left front tires were completely flat, I filled them up with the compressor but they were flat again in a matter of minutes so I might have to get some tubes for now. To see if the tractor would sit straight with the back tires level I threw a small jack under the axle in the back and leveled it up, it looked pretty good and straight after doing that. I'll probably be thinking about changing the tires and will probably have more questions about that soon, I like the look of the rear AG tires but I'm not sure how practical they would be for me.

When quickly looking over the tractor I did notice that the exhaust pipe seems to be bent and where it's bolted onto the engine it's loose. I'm guessing the exhaust gasket broke and fell apart at some point and it got loose. This concerns me a little because I'm not sure how long it had been like this and I have been told in the past a leak here could cause a burnt exhaust valve. I'll have to check into that and see if I can somehow check to see if the valves are OK. Another thing with this exhaust is that it is just hanging there from where it's attached to the engine, there's a bracket towards the end but it's not attached to anything at all. Does anybody have a picture of what this should be bolted to and what it should look like? I saw a reproduction muffer exactly like this one on eBlue the other day for around $90. I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to pick one up (if this is in fact the correct muffler for this year tractor, can anybody verify this?), because besides being bent this one seems pretty loud when it was running. I have some pictures to attach. Let me know what you guys think and if you notice anything else out of the ordinary with it.
[/

i just bought a 220 myself, the odd thing is my Serial # is 9647157 and i am in Wichita, Kansas. i'm trying to find the Schematic to hook up the Tiller i got the Tractor and 44"deck, a Hydro tiller and a push blade. all for $200.00, i've been searching for a free manual for it all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question for you guys. My father in law has a case 220 garden tractor that is in excellent condition, I just got it running again someone messed with it and burnt the key switch and the solenoid out of it. Will i rewired it the right way got everything back and got it running again. My question is where can I find a new rectifier for this tractor? It runs as long as I keep a charged battery on it. If battery runs dead it dies. It isnt charging so I need to get back charging. He says it's a 71 I dont know much about them but I'm very interested in learning about them. I kinda fell in love with these old case tractors. Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance
20200203_151246.jpg
20200203_151204.jpg

21 - 22 of 22 Posts