My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Near me for sale is a Older Case 210 garden tractor with mower deck and a Case model 80 rear engine rider. They have been stored inside for several years and are nonrunning for parts or restore.

He want's $150.00 for both what do you think, should I check it out?

What can you tell me about the 80? Only seen one in person my whole life.
What is there drive system? & I'm guessing it's got a 8hp engine?
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
690 Posts
sounds to me like a deal, the 210 is worth that non running.

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
If he's selling them together then he's selling with a bulk discount... even if he isn't bright enough to realize it. The model 80 isn't worth much. Depending on condition it may only be worth getting for the engine; If the engine is any good to begin with. If the 210 runs, the body is straight and just needs paint, and the deck is good; Then it's worth about $150 in Pennsylvania. May be worth more your neck of the woods. If you're buying with the intent of flipping; Keep in mind that most people who have heard of Case want the hydrive models. 210's can be a pain to unload due to the manual trans and armstrong lift.

·
Registered
690 Posts
here's a CL ad for the rear engine one, I've never seen it before. I'm no fan of the rear engines, I have a snapper 30" here of my Dad's I borrowed, I won't use. That single blade is too big, you have to go very slow in turns or it skips grass. One big blade just can't turn fast enough, I don't like it. Another buddy of mine's Dad just bought a Ford rear engine for their property up north, he said the small front tires get sunk down in the loose sandy ground up there

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/grd/1913600869.html

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry I did not see this thread before today. My 210 and 80 sold to the first guy that looked a it. He had about ten other Case tractors. Had them in Craigs and could have sold them many times. Thanks for looking at the ad.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Sorry I did not see this thread before today. My 210 and 80 sold to the first guy that looked a it. He had about ten other Case tractors. Had them in Craigs and could have sold them many times. Thanks for looking at the ad.
I'm not surprised.

There are those who recognize a good deal when they see it and then there are those who wouldn't know a good deal if it fell on them.:fing32:

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I knew it was a good deal. I was just not super interested. Did'nt have time to look at them until Tuesday (tomarrow) anyway.
I prefer the hydrive and onan tractors, but have been keeping an eye out for a 70's 224 or similiar for my son. He's only 3 and with me coaching he drives the 446 fairly well :praying: lol.

Thanks for the info. and saving me a trip to Fon Du Lac. :fing32:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts