My Tractor Forum banner

441 - 450 of 450 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
I love that is it a CVA w/the thumb hole stock single shot? That looks cool as heck. When I first saw it I just blew by it and thought it was one of those .410/.45 L.Colt "survival rifles" from NVA or someone like that but I guess its not. I like it tho.
Yep, the CVA is a break action single-shot. It's built by Bergara and imported with CVA stamping their name on it. The original stock is not a thumbhole, I added one of their Omega thumbhole stocks to it.

In Europe this rifle is called the BA13 and is very popular. Mine has a 2lb crisp trigger pull and will shoot 1/2" groups at 100yds with factory ammo. Super great value rifle and built like a tank. Top pic is 100yds. Bottom pic is 50yds with cheap plated subsonic reloads.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Yep, the CVA is a break action single-shot. It's built by Bergara and imported with CVA stamping their name on it. The original stock is not a thumbhole, I added one of their Omega thumbhole stocks to it.

In Europe this rifle is called the BA13 and is very popular. Mine has a 2lb crisp trigger pull and will shoot 1/2" groups at 100yds with factory ammo. Super great value rifle and built like a tank. Top pic is 100yds. Bottom pic is 50yds with cheap plated subsonic reloads.

I like it alright, and it looks very well made to.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I like it, and it looks well made to.
Man this new format has me all messed up. I have no idea where my replies are actually going or if they are going to the right person.
But I love that CVA ( if this is going to you lol)

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
I like it, and it looks well made to.
Man this new format has me all messed up. I have no idea where my replies are actually going or if they are going to the right person.
But I love that CVA ( if this is going to you lol)
Thanks. They aren't expensive. The Hunter model is blued and ~$200. The Scout V2 is what mine is and is $300 ish. Available in a bunch of calibers. Next one I want is .44mag. I bought this one as something to put my suppressor on. Here it is next to my Ruger 10/22 before I put the thumbhole stock on.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I saw some talk of a CZ a little further up. I shot a CZ550 in .308 this past weekend. Yeah... I'd never heard of one either, but I think I want one now.
Yea thats a good one, one of their main rifles and like anything else they make they are great.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Thanks. They aren't expensive. The Hunter model is blued and ~$200. The Scout V2 is what mine is and is $300 ish. Available in a bunch of calibers. Next one I want is .44mag. I bought this one as something to put my suppressor on. Here it is next to my Ruger 10/22 before I put the thumbhole stock on.

Wow fluted barrel , I didnt catch that B4. But my eyes are shot and have to read w/a magnifying glass. I have 3 or 4 pr. of glasses but I hate them, cant get used to them. I cant even read the bottom of brass casings anymore w/the naked eye.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Yea thats a good one, one of their main rifles and like anything else they make they are great.
Here's a pic of a CZ-52 I was mentioning last night, its a fugly gun but unstopable. We used to have 2 or 3 of them . They shot the 7.62 x 25 ( I think that was the orig. .30 Luger) but could be wrong, Ive been out of guns for a while now exept for some dabbling here & there.
And my L.H. .308 Gunsite Scout ( w/20 rd. mag. lol!)
Man it sure is easy to post pics now, one good thing about the new format.

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
I spent $179 on the CVA hunter I bought, and I think $40 on the scope, $20 on bipod and mount, and I make my own slings.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I spent $179 on the CVA hunter I bought, and I think $40 on the scope, $20 on bipod and mount, and I make my own slings.
Sounds great! I have learned, or actually I always knew but got tired of argueing about it w/everyone that you do not have to spend a grip on a very nice gun beit a handgun or a long gun and if your'e talking to " MOST " youngsters ( and I said most) you may as well just forget it. Hard to talk seriously about good old guns that are tried and true like a Makarov that served the Russian military as their hand gun/side arm for 40+ yrs. when the person dont even know what a heel-release magazine is.
Im not saying that their is anything wrong with not knowing what something like that is ( just as a for instance) but dont try to argue w/someone that has been around and eat-sleeps-buys guns for the last 45 yrs.
Man did I go-off or something? LOL!
Anyhoo (shed some light on the conversation) like I was saying if a person knows what they are doing you dont have to spend a small fortune on a concealable, accurate , powerfull enuf, durable gun that will do its job and has for a long long time for sure.
Now it might not have things like a mag release that will send one thru a steel toed boot and a bevelled mag housing and all and nothing is wrong with that stuff again but I dont need it. Very VERY seldom does civilians get into a gun fight to where they have to drop and slam mags and if it does happen I would hate to explain it to the prosecuting attorney as to what the heck happened. And if it happens often better get home because if its ever that bad the prisons will start emptying when guards go home to take care of their families and so will all of us I figure.
Like I was saying in another post one of my fave handguns I paid a whopping $178 for and its more well made than 90% of them probably.
And just think if anything ever does go off the hook a $250 gun will be worth prolly $750!

441 - 450 of 450 Posts