My Tractor Forum banner

421 - 440 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I have a Ruger Mark 1 I took it apart to clean it many years ago. I got so mad trying to put it back together that after a few evenings I was ready to through it away. But I'm glad I didn't, I used it for my C&C permit, I shot 20 rounds and I could cover the holes with a Post-it note.
Gotta love those Mk1's. Yeah it can be a pita to reassemble and there are several videos showing the tricks such as this one starting @ 9:38
I bought my Mk1 Target Bull back in the '80's when we sold firearms at our family business and it is a tack driver. It will drop a buzzard from the sky, don't ask how I know that...lol. For years I used it for squirrel hunting. I had it drilled/tapped and a Redfield, from way back when they put out some really good optics, sits on top of it. There's a story behind the drilling/tapping but that's for another time.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
Gotta love those Mk1's. Yeah it can be a pita to reassemble and there are several videos showing the tricks such as this one starting @ 9:38
I bought my Mk1 Target Bull back in the '80's when we sold firearms at our family business and it is a tack driver. It will drop a buzzard from the sky, don't ask how I know that...lol. For years I used it for squirrel hunting. I had it drilled/tapped and a Redfield, from way back when they put out some really good optics, sits on top of it. There's a story behind the drilling/tapping but that's for another time.
Rudy that looks like my MkII I've had since 1985 or so. 5.5" bull bbl and I mounted a bushnell scope in a B-square mono mount.

I recently bought a Tac-sol Pac-lite upper receiver for it so I wouldn't have to have the barrel threaded to mount my suppressor. Dropped about half the weight off of it as the Pac-lite is aluminum with a steel barrel insert.

Reactions: rudedawg

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Rudy that looks like my MkII I've had since 1985 or so. 5.5" bull bbl and I mounted a bushnell scope in a B-square mono mount.

I recently bought a Tac-sol Pac-lite upper receiver for it so I wouldn't have to have the barrel threaded to mount my suppressor. Dropped about half the weight off of it as the Pac-lite is aluminum with a steel barrel insert.

Oh man Steve, that is sweeeet and those grips look amazing. You've got a 1st class set up with the Pac-Lite from all accounts I've read. My Mk1 has the 4 3/4" bull bbl and I would love to have a can but never did take the time to go thru the hassle of the stamp. I need to get off my butt and do it while the gettin's good and also before I croak, lol. Would like one on my 1022 also.

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
Oh man Steve, that is sweeeet and those grips look amazing. You've got a 1st class set up with the Pac-Lite from all accounts I've read. My Mk1 has the 4 3/4" bull bbl and I would love to have a can but never did take the time to go thru the hassle of the stamp. I need to get off my butt and do it while the gettin's good and also before I croak, lol. Would like one on my 1022 also.
Thanks man. My bro bought those grips in a clearance sale at Sheels in ND for $5 years ago. The suppressor process is a pain the way I did it but much easier if you go thru a silencershop kiosk or register online. I did paper and a trust and approval took 11mths.

I bought a threaded Ruger take-off barrel on Ebay for my 10/22 to mount this suppressor on it and it's a blast--without the blast. Be warned--if you buy suppressors you WILL buy a bunch of new guns to mount them on. It's a sickness.

I bought my .22 can and a YHM SIdewinder 9mm can at the same time. My .22 can goes on my MkII, S$W 422, 10/22, and RIA .22 BA

My 9mm can goes on my CZ SP-01 and my CVA .300BLK single shot with a different mount.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
I like having very bright lights on a couple tools just in case something goes bump in the night. No kids though. One day I'll splurge and be able to own the night. Amazingly you can get digital nv for around $100 even at walmart but you really do get what you pay for. It's like a 1980's sony watchman image quality.

You guys with kids around ,teach them the fundamentals and safety. I was blessed to be around it growing up and had my first .22lr at around 7. Kids get curious so better they learn correctly than figure it out by them self or learn from a friend.

Oh ya a carry thread. I'm no better than anyone before me so I carry a 1911. I figure if it was good enough family and friends in ww2, korea , vietnam and others then it's good enough for me. It's ran everything from factory to my reloads with lead to montana gold. Had 2 FTE's that were my fault on really light charges with 18lb recoil spring. It is a early one built in the US by a company that had been in the 1911 world for years under the name pinetree before they put their name on one. By no means is it a custom wilson or competition pistol and rattles a bit. Ok it rattles a lot and borderline in spec. As much as I hate that it does rattle it runs like a top. Due to the way they treated me though I'll personally never spend another dime with them. Down to 3 of their guns that I keep for personal reasons.
If I could open carry, I would either have my 1911, or my Beretta 92FS on me. I have a nice holster for the Beretta, Pancake OWB, and it sits almost high enough to be concealed with a t-shirt, but being OWB, it does stick out a little off my side. If I have a "distracting" hand gun on, I tend to hook my million keys on a belt loop close by as a distraction.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I'll avoid any political type response other than to say I'm sorry you guys have to deal with that nonsense. Ugh!
Is it 10" long and weighs 5 lbs. like the rest of them to? A guy showed me one at the gun shop and I figured may as well carry the .44 mag. Ranch Hand I have lol.
but in all seriousness if Im gonna carry something so heavy its gotta have more than two-shots, they seem as big as many 9mm autos. And cost as much if not more. I kinda viewed them as a novelty.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Thanks man. My bro bought those grips in a clearance sale at Sheels in ND for $5 years ago. The suppressor process is a pain the way I did it but much easier if you go thru a silencershop kiosk or register online. I did paper and a trust and approval took 11mths.

I bought a threaded Ruger take-off barrel on Ebay for my 10/22 to mount this suppressor on it and it's a blast--without the blast. Be warned--if you buy suppressors you WILL buy a bunch of new guns to mount them on. It's a sickness.

I bought my .22 can and a YHM SIdewinder 9mm can at the same time. My .22 can goes on my MkII, S$W 422, 10/22, and RIA .22 BA

My 9mm can goes on my CZ SP-01 and my CVA .300BLK single shot with a different mount.

Very nice. Suppressors are as habit forming as a tattoos. I love sum of your'e stuff esp. the CZ. Ive been a life time CZ fan. We have a cpl pre-B 75's and a VZ-24 Mauser made by CZ when the Germans took the place over and made them start making guns for them in WWII because they make some of the best guns in the world.
Rumor/Legend has it they buggered-up some of the sights on the 24's so they didnt shoot exactly right.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts

Very nice. Suppressors are as habit forming as a tattoos. I love sum of your'e stuff esp. the CZ. Ive been a life time CZ fan. We have a cpl pre-B 75's and a VZ-24 Mauser made by CZ when the Germans took the place over and made them start making guns for them in WWII because they make some of the best guns in the world.
Rumor/Legend has it they buggered-up some of the sights on the 24's so they didnt shoot exactly right.
It was such a pain they finally changed the design about 5 or 6 yrs. ago as to putting it back together. Unfortuneatly I got a deal on one of the .22/45's and got so mad with it I gave it to a buddy of mine. Then a yr. later they changed them.

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
I don't know why but I've always loved the look of the CZs. Sounds like you have a nice collection.

On the Ruger disassembly: I've had mine so long I know all the little tricks to get it back together however after not shooting it for a year or so during the ammo shortage I did have to look at a YT video to refresh myself on it.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I don't know why but I've always loved the look of the CZs. Sounds like you have a nice collection.

On the Ruger disassembly: I've had mine so long I know all the little tricks to get it back together however after not shooting it for a year or so during the ammo shortage I did have to look at a YT video to refresh myself on it.
Yea I had that 22/45 Ruger and I took that thing apart down to this tiny little spring that held the firing pin in or something and that back strap in reassembly is what was really givin me fits.
I always wanted one of those Mk Ruger .22's and finally got one and it was a terrible experience and then they finally after all those yrs. change them to make them reassemble better, just my luck lol.
Yea the CZ-75 is a great 9mm if there ever was one and doubt if a better one can be had for any amount of money.
Heck ol'e Col. Jeff Cooper of Gunsite and 1911/.45 fame said he is (or was) always a .45 guy but if he had to use a 9 mm it would be the CZ-75 and said it was the best one he'd ever seen-shot.
They are pretty much a improved dbl. action Browning Hi-Power. I sure love them and always have. Actually my son turned me on to them when he was about 14. He knew his stuff back then lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
Yea I had that 22/45 Ruger and I took that thing apart down to this tiny little spring that held the firing pin in or something and that back strap in reassembly is what was really givin me fits.
I always wanted one of those Mk Ruger .22's and finally got one and it was a terrible experience and then they finally after all those yrs. change them to make them reassemble better, just my luck lol.
Yea the CZ-75 is a great 9mm if there ever was one and doubt if a better one can be had for any amount of money.
Heck ol'e Col. Jeff Cooper of Gunsite and 1911/.45 fame said he is (or was) always a .45 guy but if he had to use a 9 mm it would be the CZ-75 and said it was the best one he'd ever seen-shot.
They are pretty much a improved dbl. action Browning Hi-Power. I sure love them and always have. Actually my son turned me on to them when he was about 14. He knew his stuff back then lol.
My shooting buddy didn't know anything about CZs surprisingly. Thought mine was plastic until he picked it up. Then he started hitting everything he pointed it at. He walked away a believer.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
My shooting buddy didn't know anything about CZs surprisingly. Thought mine was plastic until he picked it up. Then he started hitting everything he pointed it at. He walked away a believer.
They make some of the best guns in the world and always have.
Look at some of their rifles, the CZ Lux and many others. Heck I had a Springfield Scout in .22/410 made by CZ. I even love the old & ugly CZ-52's auto handgun that runs on rollers like some HK's. They were made back in the 50'.
They never made a bad gun in my opinion.
Any gun from their BRNO factory is good.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
I Just picked up an SW22 Victory target 22- I can't wait to shoot it, and its supposed to be super easy to take down and clean.

Reactions: Steve Urquell

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
Make sure to give us a range report on it. Congrats

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
Make sure to give us a range report on it. Congrats
you can bet I will :) My range was closed all December for hunting season, so I am hoping to get out very soon for a few hours, may do an all .22lr pistol video, with the S&W, my Charter Arms .22lr Target Pathfinder, and my Ruger SR22P

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I Just picked up an SW22 Victory target 22- I can't wait to shoot it, and its supposed to be super easy to take down and clean.
Looks great. Like a cross tween a Buckmark and a Mk 1 through 100 lol.
I love it and could be in the mkt for one this spring. My thing is Im a big .22 Mag fan but then if it even comes close to a ammo shortage you gotta have a .22 L.R. at hand so I need one and that looks like it.
Heck I have a 30 shot .22 Mag or WMR that weighs a lb. plus the 7 shot S&W 351-C in .22 mag. so Im set on the mags, Heck Ive even got a 22 mag. Deringer.
So I need to get a 22 L.R. and I love that one.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Oh crap. I forgot I have a Heritage Arms .22 L.R. revolver. Didnt cost much but its a real plinker to take out in the woods walking or looking for ginseng w/some snake shot in it.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
you can bet I will :) My range was closed all December for hunting season, so I am hoping to get out very soon for a few hours, may do an all .22lr pistol video, with the S&W, my Charter Arms .22lr Target Pathfinder, and my Ruger SR22P
Charter Arms Heck Yea! I like Charter Arms. Didnt they have a little cannon called the Bulldog back in the day. I think they had one called the "380 back up" to.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts

I love that is it a CVA w/the thumb hole stock single shot? That looks cool as heck. When I first saw it I just blew by it and thought it was one of those .410/.45 L.Colt "survival rifles" from NVA or someone like that but I guess its not. I like it tho.

421 - 440 of 450 Posts