My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1655 I have will run on starting fluid fills the bowl with gas but will not run w/o spraying it with starting fluid.I have soaked cleaned and blew out all the holes and they seem to be open except the one that has the adjustment screw with the o-ring on it.Is that one supposed to open to bottom because it's not. Thanks for any help

·
Banned
2 Posts
The 1655 I have will run on starting fluid fills the bowl with gas but will not run w/o spraying it with starting fluid.I have soaked cleaned and blew out all the holes and they seem to be open except the one that has the adjustment screw with the o-ring on it.Is that one supposed to open to bottom because it's not. Thanks for any help

you are going to have to take the carb off and rebuild it

·
Registered
773 Posts
Check your float. If it is a foam float then they become cracked and stick.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same issue on my 1855.... It was actually the foam float. I ordered a new metal float and after i installed it she ran like a top, so i second ss comment on the float. They are relatively cheap and easy to swap out so that would be my first action. At least you can rule that out if it doesnt correct the problem, plus the foam floats are crap and need replacing anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts