My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My newest aquisition has a K321 and the throttle shaft bushings are shot. I am looking for a carb or carb body with a tight throttle shaft and good butterfly. Or some info on where to get one reasonable. I have already cruised ebay and there are many options there but I thought one of you might know of/have a better source. thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Brian Miller sells the bushings to tighten up the throttle shaft. I made my own, but if I had to do it again I'd simply buy from him.

gardentractorpullingtips dot com.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. I haven't tore it down yet but there is also a lot of up and down play on the throttle shaft, leading me to believe the butterfly or housing is worn too.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
You have more experience with this than I do. I can't help much. My tractor has the k341 kohler. Kohler service manual is available free download, and has carb and fuel pump info and lots of other stuff too. There are various kits and parts available; possibly some that will help you.
That's all I got. I would like to learn carbs by doing it - but I don't want to have to do it right now. ;) However, I might have to do a fuel pump due to small gas leak somewhere in that area.

·
Administrator
21,251 Posts
You might want to send a PM to member Ken in NJ. He's got a couple of Kohler carbs. Don't remember what they were for, but he got them a few years back and never used them. He just might have what you need.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cool, thanks. I haven't tore it down yet but there is also a lot of up and down play on the throttle shaft, leading me to believe the butterfly or housing is worn too.

there is usually some up and down movement. I'd try the cheap bushing first and see how it runs before buying another carb.

Mark D.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i got mine from tulsa engine wharehouse. brand spankin new just atad over $100. well worth it

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
carter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts