My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to rebuild the carb on my gt18 and was wondering if a rebuild kit was really necessary or not. I know a good cleaning will work wonders but the kit will include things that may need replaced also. Also gonna get a new diaphram, im sure mine is stiff as a board, will that be included in the kit? The tractor sat for over three years. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
A good carb kit usually only runs about $30 and it's going to have all the gaskets that will get destroyed when you pull the carb apart. It should have the usual suspects that cause problems with carburetors as well. Sense it doesn't sound like yours has been apart for a while I'd just go the extra mile and do a full rebuild. Lotta work to take the carb of and tear it down, I wouldn't want to do it twice. Most kit's list the components they supply, if you have a specific part you need just make sure it's listed or place an order for it at the same time.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the kit is only $14 and the diaphragm is $2 so I guess I'll go ahead and get them. Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
15,311 Posts
The rubber parts usually rot over time too. Cheap insurance to have a kit ready before touching a carb.
Mike

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update, went ahead and got the kit, glad I did, I needed several things out of it. Tractor fired right up and purrs like a kitten. First time even, I was sure id have something in there wrong/upside down but it runs great! Thanks for the tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.