My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, got this old Echo 330 T. It starts, runs fine on low speed. Now, when it's time to cut and you pull the trigger, it dies. I have tried to feather it, adjust the high side in all directions, and still can't get it to go to stay running at high speed. I did have it working the other day after feathering the throttle. Sounds like it might be time for a rebuild, or a new carb. Pretty easy to rip out the carb on this model. I guess this saw is somewhere around 12 - 15 years old.

Come to think of it, it has not been running great for a while, as in 6 mos. At wide open throttle speed fluctuates up and down a lot. Thanks for any opinions y'all may have.

·
Registered
630 Posts
On engines that old, sometimes the problem isn’t actually the carb, but the carb gaskets start leaking air through making the mixture way to lean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Also, check that the muffler screen isn't clogged. It will idle fine but will bog on throttle up.

·
2,454 Posts
Also check your fuel lines... sounds like it might be sucking air. If they've never been replaced they're well past their due date.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Air leak.

Do not run until a vacuum test is done or you'll burn it down.:tango_face_sad:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts