My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait to get to the post office to see if anyone wrote me a letter!

OK car guru's, scrutinize the '69 Boss. Doesn't look right. No hood scoop and no scoops behind the doors. Looks just like a 70 Mach 1 to me.

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone that is well versed with Ford's corrected me. No side scoops on the '69, only on the Mach 1 in 69. And hood scoops were optional. My mistake.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The 69 Boss did indeed have a "Shaker Hood Scoop".
I think the side scoops were an option as were hood tie down lanyards.
I does appear to have the rear window slats that were on the Boss.

The side scoops and the whole package, you are thinking "Elanor" or GT500 Shelby with the 427.

·
Administrator
13,375 Posts
If I remember right the Boss 302 was a John Q Public version of the Trans Am series racer Ford was fielding. The class limit was around 300 cubic inches or so. Chevy had the Z28 Camaro with a 302 as well. Pontiac, Chrysler, Plymouth, AMC and probably others ran that series, it was very popular back in the day.

·
Super Moderator
32,794 Posts
Unlike the rest of the 69's the Boss did not have the side scoops. Also the hood scoop was a option. At this point I would gather a guess that most of the Boss 302's you see these days with the shaker started life as "flat hoods"

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Challenger for me please! When are these gonna be available, anyone know??
I think that they are slated to become available near the end of July. I saw a poster at the local Post Office yesterday.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I did a little more research to refresh my memory.
The 1969 Boss 302 did not have a hood scoop and it did not have side scoops.
Can't find just a picture, all videos.

The 1969 Boss 429 did, largest hood scoop ever offered on a production car and it did have side scoops at the top of the rear quarter panel just below the rear window.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

The 1970 Boss 302 did have the shaker hood scoop, but no side scoops.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

The rear window louvers must have been an option, some had them some did not.

And last but not least, 1967 Shelby GT 500 with a 427.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Double side scoops, hood scoop, no rear quarter windows and this one is missing the front air spoiler.

·
Super Moderator
32,794 Posts
I did a little more research to refresh my memory.
The 1969 Boss 302 did not have a hood scoop and it did not have side scoops.
Can't find just a picture, all videos.

The 1969 Boss 429 did, largest hood scoop ever offered on a production car and it did have side scoops at the top of the rear quarter panel just below the rear window.
View attachment 2556669

The 1970 Boss 302 did have the shaker hood scoop, but no side scoops.
View attachment 2556668

The rear window louvers must have been an option, some had them some did not.

And last but not least, 1967 Shelby GT 500 with a 427.
View attachment 2556671
Double side scoops, hood scoop, no rear quarter windows and this one is missing the front air spoiler.
None of the 70 Mustangs had the QP side scoops. Also the 70's also had the shaker as a option. Window slats, and even the rear spoiler were also options. Most cars got these either factory, dealer installed, or have gained them over the decades since. Only 69-70 stangs that all had scoops, were the boss 429's with the big dust pan, and the Mach I's with the fixed scoop or upgraded shaker. Im not counting Shelbys into the mix, becouse thats a whole other thing!! Like the fact that the 70 Shelby were really just 69 leftovers that were reVINed as 70's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts