My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. After a lot of looking around, I have decided to buy a Kioti CK series. I am stuck between a couple of configurations and am hoping for some chime in from you folks. I am trying to decide between the CK2620 and the CK3510, either would be 4X4 HST. I need the FEL, and am also getting a root grapple, which requires a 3rd function. I also am seriously considering a backhoe attachment, and also a box scraper. My intended use is to clear my mountainous property of a lot of thick ground growth, remove old tree stumps, create some parking pads, regrade gravel driveways, trenching, minor snow clearing (not very often). The property is pretty rough so there will be quite a bit of earth moving. The property is a little over 3 acres, but not flat.

My wife and I decided on an enclosed cab due to rain and comfort....this is where it starts to get expensive. The 3510 offers a factory cab, the model is a CK3510 SE HC. The enclosed factory cab is very nice and has AC/Heater, wired for radio and a few other extras. If I go with the CK2610, the cab option is a deal installed cab and does not come with AC, but does have heat. BTW the dealer installed cab can be put on the CK3510, the price difference between the factory install vs the dealer install is $1100.00, so to give up the AC and a few other goodies, it hardly seems to be a good plan to go with the dealer installed cab on the CK3510, but to dealer installed cab on the 2610 comes out to be about $4100 less than the factory installed cab on the 3510 (CK3510 SE HC).

I also keep going back and forth on the backhoe attachment. It is an expensive item, but I fear I will regret not getting it. I can always rent something for those times I need a backhoe, but since I live at least 50 miles from a rental yard, I doubt I will rent unless I absolutely have to.

So approximate pricing as follows: CK3510 SE HC with 3rd function, FEL w/QA bucket, root grapple, backhoe & box scraper $37,000 (ouch), CK3510 SE HC same as 1st item without backhoe $31,150,
CK2610 with dealer installed cab with backhoe and the root grapple $33,250. CK2610 with dealer installed cab same as others without backhoe $26,800

My gut says I will regret not getting the larger tractor and backhoe (the most expensive option). What do you all think.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Spence36. I was looking at the CK2610 and CK3510 for my sloped property. I priced out new with the backhoe option but it put the tractor way out of my range. I dropped the cab option early on because I have lots of trees and they say replacement windows are $300 each. . Soft cab down the road will serve me well for winter work.

In the end I found a 2016 DK5010HC with KL5510 FEL for about the same as a new 2610 open station manual. I am just starting to get some use out of it, but I think the weight (5500lb-loaded tires), power, 15" clearance, 15gpm hydraulics and 2600lb lift capacity front and back are going to be invaluable moving retaining wall blocks, rock, removing stumps, grading, and going up and down a slope for every chore.

I may still want a backhoe down the road, but I think bigger is better when one plans to only buy one tractor EVER. Buy a bigger base unit and add to it over time as the chores require. My rookie opinion.

KiotiDK5010HS owner using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,727 Posts
Certainly sounds like a plan. And in reality, there are only a few times YOU REALLY NEED A BH so renting for those times is always an option. This is a question that many folks ponder no matter which brand they have. Not saying a BH isn't a handy tool as I have found many more uses that just digging to use mine. But there are "those" times renting is an option for some folks. There are times I would like to have more robustness than my BX 25 delivers, but I have learned to work around that using care rather than brute force.
You just have to figure convenience, cost and usage. But looks like you have what you need for the present.
MikeC

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought a used CK20HST 10 years ago before Kioti had SCUT's. I am glad I did it. I have found the larger tractor to be most useful for me. It does things a SCUT would struggle to do. Yesterday we were hit with a wet heavy snow. The state highway crews plow the highways and that means your driveways get plowed in. My neighbor has a blade on his tractor and he could not clear the end of his driveway. My tractor with FEL pushed the wet heavy snow at the end of his driveway with ease. I also opened other neighbors as well. I find this tractor quite useful for other tasks. The extra size, weight and power of this tractor does things, such as moving a heavily loaded tandem axle trailer, that a SCUT might find difficult if not impossible to move. My wife comments frequently that she also is glad I bought this tractor because she sees what I do with it and that she doesn't have to worry about me over exerting myself or trying to do things that might be beyond a smaller tractor's capabilities. BTW, I am almost 75 years old and have had successful open heart surgery recently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a used DS4110 a couple years ago and I’m quite happy with it. Got it with the loader and backhoe, and aftermarket cab. The weight and strength of this machine is great for all tasks. I use the backhoe a fair bit, usually in conjunction with loader work - it lets me move the dirt into piles that are easily scooped up with the loader. Plus it makes planting large trees a breeze. I also have a thumb on the backhoe which lets me pick up large rocks and trees. And when I widened my driveway I used it to precisely position the culvert.

I don’t have a/c but I think I might add it on because the cab gets unbearably hot in the summer.

The cab sure makes working in the rain and snow a much more pleasant experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts