My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snapper comet 30 series, There is no Serial # on the motor. All I need is a Carb and cant find one
The Old one is missing its Bowl and Needle,

Can Anyone Help ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,542 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just a friendly reminder for all participants in this thread. We have a no buying or selling rule in the main forums. All for sale or WTB posts are supposed to go in the shopping mall forum.

New members must be here 15 days and have 15 posts to access the shopping mall forums.

We can point you to places where you might find one but this thread can't become a "wanted to buy" from a member thread. Thanks.

Reactions: Sressedout30

·
Registered
991 Posts
Is your engine a Tecumseh by chance? If n I remember correctly. The model # for a Tecumseh is on the fan shroud ????. I do not think the engines were serialized. If you can find the model # and the HP rating of the engine finding a carb should be fairly easy. I have successfully shopped Amazon for Small engine parts. Jack's Small Engine is another great place to look as well. No matter where you look for parts you will need the Make & Model # of the Engine. If the carb is mostly complete, as shown in your picture, you may get away with just a major rebuild kit. If you do get the engine going I would install an inline fuel shutoff valve and an inline fuel filter. A fuel shutoff valve has saved many slow slow leaker carbs from leaking gas into the engine & engine oil.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you can clean up the body of the Carb. really good "sometimes" you can find model numbers stamped onto the carb. that will identify what carb. it is , Ex. on the area(s) where the tabs are for mounting the carb. or on any flat surface "should" hopefully have some kind of markings.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
The engine model, spec and serial numbers are stamped into the front of the blower housing above the bolt holes, they may have been painted over. Carb manufactiuring numbers are of little help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can clean up the body of the Carb. really good "sometimes" you can find model numbers stamped onto the carb. that will identify what carb. it is , Ex. on the area(s) where the tabs are for mounting the carb. or on any flat surface "should" hopefully have some kind of markings.
hmmm will try that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is your engine a Tecumseh by chance? If n I remember correctly. The model # for a Tecumseh is on the fan shroud ????. I do not think the engines were serialized. If you can find the model # and the HP rating of the engine finding a carb should be fairly easy. I have successfully shopped Amazon for Small engine parts. Jack's Small Engine is another great place to look as well. No matter where you look for parts you will need the Make & Model # of the Engine. If the carb is mostly complete, as shown in your picture, you may get away with just a major rebuild kit. If you do get the engine going I would install an inline fuel shutoff valve and an inline fuel filter. A fuel shutoff valve has saved many slow slow leaker carbs from leaking gas into the engine & engine oil.
fan ?? somebody did say it may be a Tecumseh motor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
991 Posts
Fan Shroud, Blower Housing is some of the generic terminology used to describe the stamped sheet metal cover that directs air across the Engine's cooling fins.

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
7,001 Posts
If you are still unclear about the blower & blower housing (also known as a shroud), in your first post, the 3rd picture shows the motor with the fan mounted on top. On the right side of the pic, partially cut off is the blower housing/shroud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts