My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other Verticalscope sites have the ability to Like a post but not here. Why not?

Often times I like to show my appreciation of or agreement with a post without having to quote it and bump the thread. The Like tool is perfect for that.

Oh, and while I was perusing this sub-forum looking to see if there was already a thread on this topic, I had to wade through page after page of "moved" and "deleted" thread titles. Why do these need to kept for more than a few weeks? It terribly clutters up the forum.

·
Super Moderator
30,048 Posts
It was available for a while and essentially it wasn't really of any benefit. If you like something just post it in the thread that you like it, easy peezy!

The moved and deleted threads have pointers left in place so that if a member tries to find something that was moved or deleted they will know it.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was available for a while and essentially it wasn't really of any benefit...
In who's opinion? I'm not going to quote a post and bump a thread just to say "I agree". Does it cost extra to have the Like tool? It gets good use on other Verticalscope forums.

The moved and deleted threads have pointers left in place so that if a member tries to find something that was moved or deleted they will know it.
Folks can find their threads with the "Tools > My Thread" link. IMHO if they post in the wrong place, there is little chance they will know to look here.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,827 Posts
You can "Like" a thread, if you are using the MyTractorForum Full view, its in the upper-right of the thread window...

like.jpg

However, that immediately takes you out to FaceBook, which I think was a decision made by the site owners.... How does it work on other VS sites, like that? I do know that when there was discussion several years back around turning on "Like" site-wide, there was pushback because people thought that made things too much like Facebook... like, totally.. :)

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
It was available for a while and essentially it wasn't really of any benefit. If you like something just post it in the thread that you like it

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can "Like" a thread, if you are using the MyTractorForum Full view, its in the upper-right of the thread window...

View attachment 2375729

However, that immediately takes you out to FaceBook, which I think was a decision made by the site owners.... How does it work on other VS sites, like that? I do know that when there was discussion several years back around turning on "Like" site-wide, there was pushback because people thought that made things too much like Facebook... like, totally.. :)
No, I have no interest in Farcebook and no account there either. The Like is part of the hyundai-forums.com as shown below.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,643 Posts
As was said we did have it.. It was kinda nice, but frankly the majority on the board HATED IT! Everyone had their reasons I guess... but for some reason it triggered something for a lot of people, and there was a huge fallout. In the end, we ditched it because most members didn't want it.

·
Blank Space
3,020 Posts
I despise the ZuckerInnovation. Yes, that's where it came from. I've seen more than one board go down the tubes because of it. People hate it and stop posting to the board at all. The Cliques take over and vote each other up. It becomes Junior High School stuff. Do we really need Gold Stars and 'Participation Trophies'?

There has already been a serious decline in posting here in recent months, so I don't think the site would want to drive more people away.

·
Administrator
5,552 Posts
On another tractor forum I am on, there is a thread right now complaining about the "like "thanks" buttons.....On that forum, the "like" is recorded and shows in your profile. To me, it's a popularity contest of sorts to see who can get and give the most "likes"........So to each their own I guess.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I despise the ZuckerInnovation. Yes, that's where it came from. I've seen more than one board go down the tubes because of it. People hate it and stop posting to the board at all. The Cliques take over and vote each other up. It becomes Junior High School stuff. Do we really need Gold Stars and 'Participation Trophies'?

There has already been a serious decline in posting here in recent months, so I don't think the site would want to drive more people away.
I like this.

Hate the Jr. high FAKEbook "I am not liking your posts anymore" to send a message.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! What a bunch of haters.

No, I was not talking about Zuckerberging up this place. On the example I posted above, you don't see any stats on number of likes under the user avatar. This is not about contests and bragging. I've seen lots of that carp on other forums where they show kudos counts for each user and users post all sorts of stupid carp just to get votes.

fuggedaboutit

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ok if it doesn't tally the like count and just let that person that posted know that you liked it that wouldn't be bad.

It's the "like" count tally that I hate.

And I think your definition of a hater is different than mine it's okay to hate things; it's not okay to hate people

1 - 13 of 13 Posts