From Surrey BC,
currently got

Massey Ferguson 165 with loader
John Deere Sabre 22hp v-twin w/54" deck
Huaxia 554 Chinese tractor with loader and backhoe

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the add. I am in Fredericton NB.

I have what was my fathers '86 Bolens G214 which recently died while attempting to assist a senior citizen who had last month lost her husband of 50+ years and a week later her septic field collapsed. I use it to clear snow from 2 other widows driveways when the snow flies. I may now be at a disadvantage.

I am glad ive located this forum and perhaps i can get some insight into this tractor. I have limited knowledge of what to do or what has gone wrong.
what makes matters worse is that having been a serving member of the Canadian Forces for over 18 yrs. my abilities to deal with stress has gone from better to ... just gone.

hoping someone here has some useful support.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Hey Old Guy, unfortunalely I can't help you much with the Bolens brand, but did want to welcome you to the forum.

Have you tried the basics, like a new spark plug and draining the carb bowl incase there was water or dirt in there?

Most often it is the simplest things that go wrong, same with having a battery that will crank the engine over fast enough to "clear its' throat" and allow the engine to fire up.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
I just looked up the G214 and the joke is on me..... it's a diesel.

Did it run low or out of fuel?

Have you tried cracking open an injector line to see if you get fuel or air coming out?

If not fuel, but the tank is now.full, you might next try the step by step bleeding process to see if you can get fuel further up the system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another new Ontarian here. :hatsoff:

thanks for the add. I am in Fredericton NB.

I have what was my fathers '86 Bolens G214 which recently died while attempting to assist a senior citizen who had last month lost her husband of 50+ years and a week later her septic field collapsed. I use it to clear snow from 2 other widows driveways when the snow flies. I may now be at a disadvantage.

I am glad ive located this forum and perhaps i can get some insight into this tractor. I have limited knowledge of what to do or what has gone wrong.
what makes matters worse is that having been a serving member of the Canadian Forces for over 18 yrs. my abilities to deal with stress has gone from better to ... just gone.

hoping someone here has some useful support.
Thank you for your service, sir.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just looked up the G214 and the joke is on me..... it's a diesel.

Did it run low or out of fuel?

Have you tried cracking open an injector line to see if you get fuel or air coming out?

If not fuel, but the tank is now.full, you might next try the step by step bleeding process to see if you can get fuel further up the system.
fuel pump died.
no data on line for psi rating or flow rates either.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
fuel pump died.
no data on line for psi rating or flow rates either.
I'm assuming you mean the lift pump, not the injection pump?

Probably best to ask over in the small engine forum.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey All,

Split my time between Edmonton and Edson, Alberta, Canada, if you're in or around either of those places, ping me if you fancy meeting up, first two rounds are on me :)

Plug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Denis Allan from Forest

Evening one and All.
Been a JD owner for 20 years and chose to add a used 445 to the fleet. Now just have to get it running again. Looking forward to learning a thing or two and sharing in some of my experiences.. with the tractor.. :tango_face_wink: Denis

·
Registered
2 Posts
New guy here manitoba.
Picked up 14 cadet to replace a 18 cadet so.eone decided to take lol.
Anyways hi to all my fellow canadians.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

841 - 860 of 871 Posts