My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Hmm, interesting as I was trying pull out some wild srub out about 1/2" aroud when the Fergie atrophyed and the chain just stipped the bush of its branches.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
And before doing that figure out what the heck your refering to when you say dunce caps in the photo.
If you look at the valve, one side of the actual spool that slides back and forth, is attached to a rod that connects to the levers on each side of the steering wheel. The "dunce cap" is on the other end of the valve body and it covers up the area where the spool exits the valve body. If the person spec'ing the valve wants the spool to "lock" into a certain position, such as the "float" position on the implement lift, then this feature is accomplished by screwing a rod into the end of the spool itself and applying spring-loaded ball bearings against some detents cut into that extra rod and all of that is contained inside the "dunce cap".

That term is one that Rol uses. It isn't one that you will find inside any hydraulic manuals that I've ever read but since Rol and I go back to the time when teachers thought it was ok to humiliate students by having them sit in the corner of the classroom with a "dunce cap" on their head, I fully understand where he's coming from. :ROF

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
p".

That term is one that Rol uses. It isn't one that you will find inside any hydraulic manuals that I've ever read but since Rol and I go back to the time when teachers thought it was ok to humiliate students by having them sit in the corner of the classroom with a "dunce cap" on their head, I fully understand where he's coming from. :ROF
CGtoo, sounds like you have some experience? Maybe I just never got caught! ROF

And I can't take credit for the use of the term in Case TCV's , either. <G> As long as we got it defined, I reckon all is well!

·
Registered
358 Posts
You also need to tie the tractor to an immovable object. If the guy who lives next door has a large wife who was a Jenny Craig reject, then tie the tractor to her. :ROF

:ROF I guess I'll have to look for something else the lady next door would be way to small.I think I seen that Lady your talking about at Wal-Mart though.:ROF :ROF :ROF I guess I could use my 87 Blazer.
That sounds easy enough to do.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
You also need to tie the tractor to an immovable object. If the guy who lives next door has a large wife who was a Jenny Craig reject, then tie the tractor to her. :ROF

:ROF I guess I'll have to look for something else the lady next door would be way to small.I think I seen that Lady your talking about at Wal-Mart though.:ROF :ROF :ROF I guess I could use my 87 Blazer.
That sounds easy enough to do.
Thanks,
Or a good size tree! The Blazer could well move!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Ok,
So this project isn't dead, but it has been on pause for the summer, I had my brother weld up a frame to hang the deck from, picked up a deck from CGT, and now I am still working on the motor part.
I had a brain fart tonight, and got the hydracutter (bush hog) mixed up with the finish mower, and called Dave about it. But before I write the hydra off, I wonder, can I use the motor from that deck on my project deck? Would it have the omph needed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Yes, it would have plenty of power since the hydracutter is a lot heavier duty than a standard deck but I wouldn't cannibalize a hydracutter to do what you intend to do since the hydracutter is worth a lot more than a new motor.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts