My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to keep expenses down...Will the Snapper Hi-Lift blades also mulch?:hide:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the hi-lift blade comes with the 'kit' for mulching. It has 'Ears' on the blade where the original has two holes. The trailing edge of the blade, at the tips, has sharply turned up triangles of metal. At least that was what they sold me back when.
tom

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Don't see why not. My 'Gumpper' has the Hi-Lift blade, and the mower deck hole is covered up with the factory installed plate. Nothing 'escapes' that mower deck, even rocks.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
The ears on the blade are used to enhance the mower's vacuuming ability. I suppose you could use that blade for mulching, but it is putting extra load on the engine with no benefit. A single edge mulching blade is relatively inexpensive and you will be rewarded with less noise and less fuel consumption.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I found a couple of Snapper 28" mulch kits on E-bay and bought them. The kits had the "Ninja" blades they are a multi cutting surface blade,dull fast and are expensive($40+) I like the Gator blade, it's cheaper, cuts longer and dulls less often it's an all purpose blade ,vacuuming, mulching and discharge mowing.Having said that.the Ninja mulches a little better(while it's sharp) the hi-lift vacuums better ,but the Gator does it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts