My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent literally 20 minutes trying to figure out where this part is supposed to go on my 76 A-100 Wheelhorse. Frustrating :banghead3

When I tear down, I label ziplocks with the part inside to keep everything organized. This one is either mislabled or because it's saturday, my brain isn't in full gear quite yet :trink40:

Bag was labeled "engine puley, idler & bracket screws". I don't think that helps much. I've eye balled every area under the tractor and haven't seen where this bracket could mate up to anything. I have the original toro manual, 2 engine manuals and I've always looked at the toro illustrated parts diagrams and nada.

I know the smaller part shown that seperate from the bracket is an idler/pulley belt guide. Got me as to what the bracket is for.

I'll throw it over to the experts~

model: 62-10BP01

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Next time you better have your wife help you. Or now would be a good time for a Kodak moment. Or when I have left over parts I just throw them away. Well I hope this helped.:sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next time you better have your wife help you. Or now would be a good time for a Kodak moment. Or when I have left over parts I just throw them away. Well I hope this helped.:sidelaugh
This was actually the first tractor and first WH I ever restored. Was still "green" to the whole process almost 2 years ago. Shoulda woulda coulda right? :trink40: I should have labeled it correctly, but ahh well. It's going in the crap box. First WH and probably the last, finding and getting info for these tractors on-line has been like pulling teeth.. I might flip this one. I can hear the crickets on most of the threads I've posted about this machine.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Did you look in the parts manual ? I have redone over twenty five and never had a problem finding or getting parts or info for any of mine and there from 1958-1968 I always take pictures and of all sides just remmember it was built before toro took wheel horse over
the frist picture is for a belt to keep it in line or tension on it the second picture of the long flat bar with the four holes is a brace maybe off the dash or close to there the little piece is another belt guide that looks broken off the two extra bolts na put them in the extra box for later use.

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
The piece in the top picture is used to keep a belt on a pulley. It bolts near the pulley and stops the belt from jumping.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you look in the parts manual ? I have redone over twenty five and never had a problem finding or getting parts or info for any of mine and there from 1958-1968 I always take pictures and of all sides just remmember it was built before toro took wheel horse over
the frist picture is for a belt to keep it in line or tension on it the second picture of the long flat bar with the four holes is a brace maybe off the dash or close to there the little piece is another belt guide that looks broken off the two extra bolts na put them in the extra box for later use.
Actually, this is a '76 and I'm limited to just the vague parts diagrams that Toro has on there website(when you enter the model number). I have all of the engine manuals(which are a huge help) but the illustrated views on-line for the tractor are terrible. Belt and drive pulley illustrations are in-complete and don't even show all of the brackets, guides etc.. Unless there's another manual out there that I don't have? Is the Toro parts illustrations on-line the parts manual? If not and there's a different one, where I can pick one up?

My system for taking pics and labeling parts got better after this tractor :banghead3 I was still green to organizing everything at the time when I started on this one.

:fing32:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey joemckna,

I'm not quite sure what the bar thing is but it looks like something that would connect from the deck to the lever to raise the deck. That's what the bar on mine looks like

1 - 7 of 7 Posts