My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I found the part (attached) and am wondering if it may have come off my John Deere 1025R or perhaps my 2012 Ford F150 truck. Or maybe if it from something else altogether. Can anyone help identify it?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,813 Posts
It is a cover/shield piece. Was it under either one? Might of come off a tool like a floor/bench grinder.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
perhaps a brake mechanism of some kind (like a belt brake, say), so it presses against a pulley to bring it to a halt a bit quicker than it would naturally.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It is part of the bracket that holds the air filter canister on your 1025R. Be sure to investigate before you run it any more. The other part of it that is broken off, bolts onto the valve cover on top of the engine. Some have broken the valve cover/air intake manifold assembly and have caused engine failure. Depending on your serial number there may be a PIP(product improvement program) that will cover updating to another style air filter and bracket, and also covers replacing engine if damage has occurred. Check with your dealer or post your serial number and I can check to see if you are eligible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts