My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rounded up these engines with hope to make one good one for my pow'r pup build.I am trying to find out a little more about what I have.What brand, how many horsepower,how old?What I do know is that the white engine(#1)came from a sears tractor.It appeared to have a starter/generator set up that possibly did't work(the rest of the tractor is not availible to me yet).The engine hasn't ran in years and didn't have the power it used to when it was parked. I removed the head and saw a bunch of carbon on the valves and some wear on the cylinder.I'm going to try to get it running.The red engine(#2)has no compression but has a flywheel and starter and no shroud.I think I need the shroud to make the starter work.Parts from these engines seem interchangeable.Is it possible to fab the shroud from#1 to make this starter work?

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
the white one is a tecumseh hh series. could be an hh70, hh80, hh100, or hh120

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is hh70,hh100 7 and 10 hp?I'm not personally a tecumseh fan but do these engines have a reputation for anything(junk/ok)?I'm trying to use a 10 hp+ with a horizanal shaft with electric start but this is all I came up with.Is there any other tractors/equipment I could get a good engine from?I guess I'm saying I may not be looking in the right spot.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
hh70 - 7hp
hh80 - 8hp
hh100 - 10hp
hh120 - 12hp

they are superb engines in my opinion. i have an hh80 and my friend has an hh100. i think they are excellent, lots of torque

·
Registered
595 Posts
for the starter, you could always use a v-belt and pulley arrangement to hook up a starter/generator, so you wouldn't have to worry about rigging the red starter into the white engine.

But if i were you, i wouldn't use either of these engines. from what i've seen of your pow'r pup build so far, it deserves a far bigger and better engine. i'm partial to Kohler engines, myself. i'd use a twin-cylinder engine too. Cub Cadets use kohlers, ariens too. i believe wisconsin makes some cool inline-2 and v-4 engines, maybe you could find one of those.

good luck,

tmm

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree bigger would be better but I'm also on a budget.I would like to use what I have but I'm not going to beat a dead horse.I 'm going to tinker a little bit before I condem these engines but will also keep an eye out for a kohler or other engine.My origanal plan was to use a 5hp and gear it but electric start is so much nicer.Unfortunatly thats all I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts