My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Wow is all I can say. I guess I get spoiled as I'm in civil construction and have access to full size backhoes, dozers, etc. and can only laugh at some of the things people come up with. I know this is a manufactured attachment but I can only imagine it is VERY limited. Would be fun for planting bushes and such but the sight over the hood would be very limited for actually seeing in the hole you are digging.

I'd still buy it for the cool factor if it wasn't soo far away and so expensive.

Just my $.02

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Actualy, it's just right down I-70. Just under 1800 miles....:(

If only it wasn't so far away........
1387 miles nearly due west from the house in Ohio. Very close in distance from here to Ohio. But 2098 miles from here. Relatives there would be happy to see me. :)

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
1387 miles nearly due west from the house in Ohio. Very close in distance from here to Ohio. But 2098 miles from here. Relatives there would be happy to see me. :)
Cool! When you go visit them, could you haul the bachhoe back to Ohio for me? I can come pick it up at the farm. :thThumbsU

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
It is interesting. I'll give it that. I see it as being useful, but as Jimmy said, not extremely potent.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
It was designed to fit under a ATV. It's only useful to go into places you could not get a full size machine. It still would be fun. I could have used it to build my retaining walls. I hadn't thought about the vision point. That would be an issue, especially if you are digging deep.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The only way to see what your doing if more than a couple of feet deep would be to crouch but thats got to be a painful position to be in for any length of time. If the controls were raised a couple of feet then standing would be possible, but only while using the BH as the blade lever would then be a reach from the seat while leveling. In short nice looking tractor , buy the package and split it up .

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Designed for an ATV, guess that explains the separate engine for the boom hydraulics. I wondered why the extra engine when I've seen loader hydraulic pumps driven off of the flywheel on Gravelys. It would definitely dig, but how much is questionable. The design is far more home build than designed, and I'd want to run the numbers on some of the joints before I sunk any serious money into it. The way the boom is put together and the close coupling of the hydraulic cylinders say this thing is either very power limited or will have breakage problems. From the spacing of the cylinders controlling the dipperstick, I'd bet on power limited. The use of the front "blade" as a stabilizer is a neat design feature I've seen used on wheeled excavators. I wonder if you can use it for backfilling? That said, the whole design and package does have potential and I'll add the info on this to my equipment files.

I really want one of the later Gravely backhoes with full hydraulics. One of these years...

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Another thought: looking at the way the hydraulic controls are mounted, I'd guess that was rigged by the owner. If you were going to be doing a lot of digging, you could probably mount a seat over the hood and the controls out in front of the hood, as they did on the Terramite on the Gravely convertible. You could pivot the controls down for visibility when traveling and fold them up when you want to go to work. It would be more complex, but would give you a better view point.

·
Registered
865 Posts
As the owner of a JD 500 series C TLB (19k lbs) and lots of mud I would have use for this little item in trenching and drainage work.
I spend most of my seat time getting out of being stuck.

Last year it didn't freeze hard enough or long enough to make any progress.:banghead3 so this would be perfect for me.

·
Super Moderator
12,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never mind the backhoe, I wouldn't mind having that 816!
That's what I was thinking. That is a nice looking tractor.
Apparently, somebody bought at least one part or the other. The ad has been taken down by the seller... Anyone here?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts