My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I will defer to the experts, but I have not seen it done and I am not aware of a factory fit. it would be an interesting project? However, other than the 50 inch QH mower, i think most of the QH implements are a fair bit narrower than the rather wide stance of an 816 twin cylinder?If it’s a single cylinder engine you can narrow it a bit by flipping the rear wheels to narrow the width a bit.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to be able to run a brush hog and I saw this nearby for cheap. As I suspect though, by the time I spend the $$ to get the remaining necessary parts I’d probably be better off getting a walk behind.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
A two wheeler is a better choice for 30" bush hog work. That's the route I'd go.
After buying a front drive and front adapter kit, you could have bought two 2 wheelers.

Besides, who is to say that the 30" deck you buy will be quick hitch?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: kyavion

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
A two wheeler is a better choice for 30" bush hog work. That's the route I'd go.
After buying a front drive and front adapter kit, you could have bought two 2 wheelers.

Besides, who is to say that the 30" deck you buy will be quick hitch?

Is there such a thing?

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
Agreed that for brush hogging, you want a walker. Get into any sort of serious bushes/brambles/weeds and you'll need to be able to pick the deck up on short notice. You don't have that kind of control with a rider. Plus, as other posters said, the parts to get you all the way to a working front drive adapter, QH or no, will likely be more expensive than a couple of walkers.

Reactions: kyavion

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
There are two versions of the quick hitch 30" bush hog. The short nose uses a splined coupling between quick hitch and the horizontal shaft. The long nosed version uses a dog gear, which is different from the dog gear in the advance casting of the tractor.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
There are two versions of the quick hitch 30" bush hog. The short nose uses a splined coupling between quick hitch and the horizontal shaft. The long nosed version uses a dog gear, which is different from the dog gear in the advance casting of the tractor.

Interesting. So does that limit those with long nose quick hitches to just those quick hitch attachments. The different gear would have to be on the equipment end. Or am I wrong? This maybe important information for those looking for attachments. Or is that as simple as changing the equipment gear out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts