My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes. Remove the hose and fitting, find the correct plug for the fitting hole, extend the cylinder shaft all the way out, cover the shaft so you don't get weld spatter on it, and weld away.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. The shaft if extended all the way. Remove the fitting and hose so it doesn't get damaged or is it a fluid heating issue?

·
Parts collector
3,491 Posts
What I would do is drill the hole out a little and then put a bushing in the size of your pin and then tack the bushing so it doesn't move.

Weld is hard to drill I would drill it out and put a brass bushing in there. BUT you can weld it.

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
As the OP said Drill it out and install steel bushing and tack it. Welds are near impossible to drill. Matter of fact you can buy bushings in all sizes just for that

·
Registered
476 Posts
Bushing, and then tack weld the bushing in place.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Will do. The shaft if extended all the way. Remove the fitting and hose so it doesn't get damaged or is it a fluid heating issue?
Mostly so the o-ring on the fitting isn't damaged. It wouldn't hurt to dump the fluid, but it might be okay to leave it too.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it fixed up. I welded up the oval part and used a die grinder to shape it and then ran a 1/2" drill bit through it. Before I started I put a new 1/2" pin in the hole and it was actually still pretty tight. The old pin broke off and was only held in from the top. So everytime I angled the hitch or was rough on it while plowing, it caused the hole to oval on the outer edges, but the center of the hole was still round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts