My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a two bin bagger (hard bins) but it doesn't have any kind of powered intake - I guess it's meant for a rider that doesn't need power to bag grass.

I have a Kubota BX2350 - anyone know if I can make this work without spending more than it'd be worth.

Thanks!

Faron

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would have loved to have been able to fit my old Craftzman bagger to my 2350. but never thought it would work good, So I bought a cc with 50" deck with triple bagger for the leave clean-up. I was not about to spent the two grand that Kubota wanted to set the BX up with the power bagger and then need to tear it apart because I needed the rake on the back for a job. My guess is that after you spend a lot of time fitting the shoot to the mower deck it still will not work, ( Only plug the shoot because it is made for a 42" deck.) Or if it did in fact work, It would fill the two bins in about six to eight feet of travel in deep leaves or thick grass being only about six bushels. But still you might want to try it so if you do let us know!:trink40:I do know that the Craftzman with the 42" deck had a tube of about 6" and the CC with the 50" deck has a tube of 8"!:thThumbsU

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
I tend to agree with nh Dragon. I wanted to bag clippings for mulching the rows in our garden. But it was 2k on our JD2320. I had bad luck with sweepers and our rough yard/former pasture. I was going to buy a used lawn tractor with a bagger, as I don't need the clippings all the time. Lucked out though and my MIL gave us the 185 with bagger for free when she got her GX335! Good Luck though, some of the best attachments are those that we cobble together.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a grass collection system on my JD955. It was an 8-hp honda with a 14" blower & 10" tube from the deck to the blower. My 72" MMM threw so much grass that the collection system could hardly handle the volume at slow travel. I don't believe your deck can throw enough pressure to get the grass into the hoppers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts