My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
That's great! I'm glad it's working better for you, and thanks for letting us know. It's always interesting to learn new solutions to problems, thanks Kbeitz.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That's great! I'm glad it's working better for you, and thanks for letting us know. It's always interesting to learn new solutions to problems, thanks Kbeitz.
Well... chalk up another believer. I picked up some paraffin wax at the grocery store and rubbed it on my Ariens drive belt. That baby takes off now like it has a hydraulic clutch! If you pop the clutch in 3rd gear it will still take off like a jack rabbit but if you ease out the clutch normally it takes off smooth as silk. After several years of "jump starts" it feels kind of weird to start out smoothly.

I'm not sure how long the paraffin will last on the belt but for $3.25 I got enough to last 50 years.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Oh I forgot to mention, I figured out the 30 to 40 shots of grease thing. The tube was empty. Oops ?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I assume the L100a has a hydro and that the hydro has a neutral position. If so, release the clutch while in neutral and then use the hydro controls to initiate forward/reverse motion. That is what I do. I use the clutch only twice, once when I get in the seat and then again when I want to leave the seat.

I've but given up trying to get the wife to do that. After decades of her driving school bus with standard transmission, she always wants to move the hydro out of neutral before releasing the clutch.

Try thinking of the clutch as a parking brake rather than a clutch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks LLigetfa but it's definitely a five speed manual transmission. I looked at some records and I don't think they didn't put a hydro tranny in the 100 series. Too bad. A hydro would have been nice.:)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts