My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this little gem today for a bargain. Starts easily and runs great! I'll need to replace one of the wheels, but otherwise it's ready for service.

Since I know nothing about LB mowers, can anyone tell me what I've got? The plate says Model No. 7227.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
Nice mower to start with, one of the favorites.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sweet. Thats a nice lightweight mower!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll have to teach me the secret handshake too! :thThumbsU

From the parts lookup site, it looks like it's a '78 model. Wow, I didn't think it was that old.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Welcome to the Lawn-Boy clubhouse! Nice 7227. It has a 21" aluminum deck with a D600 series engine. I believe that most were 1977 models. Nice find!

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
You'll have to teach me the secret handshake too! :thThumbsU

From the parts lookup site, it looks like it's a '78 model. Wow, I didn't think it was that old.

They carry thier age well... :) Plenty of them running here from the late 50s and early 60s

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to Club LB!!!:trink40:
I personally dont know much about that particular model. Im not too much on that particular shroud style.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think you might have a Mag deck on that. If so, that's one of the lightest 21" mowers ever made. That's one push mower I could see myself using for everyday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
great mower you found! Welcome to the club! Your just going to love these old LB's, start making room for more of them....

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
Beware , they are like chips, you can't just have one!!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
That's a great model you have there. Mine was a 1978. Like everyone else has said, lightweight, easy to work on, fun little mower. With minimal experience I was able to tear it down to bits, clean it up and put it back together...oh, and it ran once it was together too...I think you'll enjoy it.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Welcome Scott! From one Hoosier to another. Nice mower you found! I'm sure you'll enjoy using it and finding others now that the green parasite is flowing through your system.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That's the model my grandfather used to have. I must have cut his lawn at lease a hundred times with that one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts