My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me the part number for blades for this 1977 John Deere 300 tractor? I am planning on buying it but I don't know what size this deck is and therefore am not sure which blades to order. The tractor model is C300F 070576M and the model number on the deck is 4048F 37381. I would be interested in regular blades and/or gator mulcing blades. Here is a picture of the tractor. Thanks.

Mike

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
I do believe that 4048F indicates it is a 48" deck. Run a tape measure from the inside left edge of the deck to the outside right end of the right blade.

Hope you get it, looks like a great tractor to use and refurbish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ken N
I just went to JD web site, went into the parts cataloge and as nere as I can see for a 48" deck the part No would be M41967

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'm still debating getting this or a new LA model. My wife isn't big on me paying 2+ for an over 30 year old tractor and I guess I can kinda see her point. Although I think the 300 would be alot more fun to play with.

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm still debating getting this or a new LA model. My wife isn't big on me paying 2+ for an over 30 year old tractor and I guess I can kinda see her point. Although I think the 300 would be alot more fun to play with.
I'm not going to go into why I would take a 300 Garden Tractor over an LA Lawn Mower. Something for you to think about, if your mechanically inclined and would enjoy the work the 300 will do alot for you.

http://www.weekendfreedommachines.org/300/model300.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts