My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, that got a little attention.

Saturday (tomorrow, May 16 ) is the World Chanpionship Steak Cookoff in our little town of Magnolia. There are 66 registered cookers from 7 states, and 2 entries from Canada. They will cook 4500 rib eye steaks and compete for prizes and bragging rights. The Festival has been featured on the Food Network twice.

Go to web site and check us out: www.BlossomFestival.org

My partner and I are co-chair of the Car Show and will be spending our day there. Lots of pictures on the site of last years car show.

If you are within driving distance, come join us for the day, a steak, and free evening concert.

Anyone interested in registering for next year?

·
Premium Member
9,600 Posts
I use liberal amounts of Montreal Steak seasoning and Lipton Onion Soup Mix as a rub, then douse with Worcestershire. Get the grill as hot as you can. Ribeye or Porterhouse/T-bone 4 minutes per side.

·
Registered
547 Posts
OOOwwwhhh...love that Montreal seasoning......I'm hungry...

·
Registered
774 Posts
That's why you need to try some Iowa Corn-Fed Beef. No need for all the condiments.
Never had Iowa corn-fed beef, at least I don't think so. But if you send me some I'd be glad too compare it to Pennsylvanian corn-fed beef:trink39: You are right though, a GOOD piece of beef don't need anything. YA, and somtimes it's still MOOOIINNN' when I eat-it:fing32:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree on keeping the rubs and fancy pants seasoning off the steak. For me a good steak should taste like cow, not be covered up with a blend of herbs and spices. Good red meat, salt, and black pepper cooked over mesquite, and not for very long at that. :trink40:

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,551 Posts
I agree on keeping the rubs and fancy pants seasoning off the steak. For me a good steak should taste like cow, not be covered up with a blend of herbs and spices. Good red meat, salt, and black pepper cooked over mesquite, and not for very long at that. :trink40:
Black Angus at "Salt Grass Steak House"...:fing32:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Me too.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Define good? Because everybody likes it different. Me, a little salt or maybe a little Lawrys seasoning salt but if its a good steak it doesnt need much. Put it on the Holland turn it once and we are off to the races.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i dont know guys i have had over 60 people (yes ino 60) tell me how good my steak was i only cook the best i make sure theres no grizzle fat on anything else my secret is some special mix of flavor powder's and some jack D's steak sauce makes them so good its worth fighting for so good it deserve's this :bannana: dont wanna brag to much :biglaugh: o and 60 is a big number ino for this to compare but i cook my steaks at tons of cookouts for friends and family but all my family invite friends who invite mroe firends and so on so thats how we get up there in #'s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts