My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i removed the 16 hp briggs twin from my GT16 due to oil leaking. i have a great running kohler KT17 seriesII motor that i just pulled from an SS16. i want to put the kohler on the GT16 but i want to do it with the absolute minimal wiring, no amp meter, no light switch, etc. just a key switch, selonoid, battery and starter.

why? cuz i'm not real good at this stuff and i thought this would be best to keep it simple. i welcome opinions on this.

if anyone has pix, drawings, diagrams, etc. of what can be removed i would greatly appreciate it. also if you think you can talk me through i welcome that as well.

if there is any info you might need, let me know and i will get it for you including pix.

as always thanks a ton guys!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i got it all wired in without removing the things i would have liked, i just sat the motor on the frame and wired it quick to try it. all i could get it to do was make the selonoid click, called my dad, a long time gravely tech, and he said to bolt the motor down so it gets a good ground and try it again. i'll give it a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I hate messing with electrical on any type of vehicle...:(
Hope it works for you.

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
electrical drives me nut i put a different harness on the lawn keeper (lt11 36) and i had a headache after i was done lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts